Thursday, September 24, 2026

Majestic Maple Card

I wanted to include a fall-themed card in a package I sent to my oldest daughter with jars of homemade raspberry jam recently, so I took out Altenew's Majestic Maple Layering Die Set and created this card.

I started with a top-folding A2 card I trimmed and scored using kraft cardstock. Then I die cut the pieces of the Majestic Maple die set using brown cardstock for the trunk and 3 different watercolor papers I had painted with a variety of metallic acrylic paints for the 3 layers of the foliage on the tree. I layered everything together and used Altenew's Instant Dimension Foam Tape for some of the layers to give it dimension. 

For the background, I embossed some watercolor cardstock I had painted with brown watercolor using Altenew's Rolling Hills 3D embossing folder. I trimmed a piece of dark brown cardstock the same color as the tree trunk to 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inches and then trimmed the watercolored and embossed panel to 4 1/8 by 5 3/8 and adhered them together and then adhered them to the card base. 

I adhered the Majestic Maple tree to the card panel and then decided on a sentiment. In a perfect world, I would have added the sentiment first to make my life easier, but thankfully my card base fit in my Stampwheel 2.0, and I was able to stamp the "hope today is beautiful" sentiment (from Altenew's Magnolia Ballerina stamp set) with VersaFine Clair: Pinecone ink despite the dimension on the Maple tree die cuts. I needed to stamp it a couple times to get all parts of the stamp nice and crisp, but thankfully it worked. I would recommend stamping the sentiment before adding the die cut next time! 😂

If you're interested in doing some crafty shopping at Altenew, I'd be so grateful if you used my affiliate link here: Carrie's Altenew Link.  I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Altenew carries many wonderful craft products and has a great weekly sales section if you are looking for bargain prices to grow your Altenew collection. 




Close up:


Challenges I'm entering:

TIME OUT Challenges: Colors of the season where you're located: I'm in Michigan, USA, so fall colors are beginning to show (1/5; ends 9/30/26) C5

simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Make Your Own Background (I watercolored and then embossed my background panel) (1/5; ends 9/28/26)

Inspiration Station: My card has a fall theme like the one in the inspiration photo (2/8; ends at the end of the month) 

Allsorts challenge blog: Sympathy/Thinking of You/Get Well or ATG (1/5; ends 9/24/26)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (1/5 for the week; 1/10 for the challenge; ends 9/30/26)

I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog: 

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;

The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.

Numbers 6:22-26


5 comments:

  1. Wow, this Autumn tree is stunning and you're so creative Carrie! Thanks for joining us at The Inspiration Station Challenge, it's always a treat to see your work.
    Donna xx
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Pick 3 Challenge
    The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    The Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such an intricate Tree die, lovely card for your Daughter, many thank for sharing at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That die is amazing and your card showcases it to perfection! Thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is stunning! The tree is beautifully coloured and I love the layout. Thanks for joining us at Time Out:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colours for your lovely tree. I bet your daughter loved it. Thank you for joining in at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete