Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Slimline Pop-Up Pumpkin Card

My granddaughter turns two this month, and she's the cutest little pumpkin in the patch, so I thought I'd make her a pumpkin-themed card! 😃 She loves dogs (my son and DIL have 2 dogs and my husband and I have a Great Dane--she loves them all!), so when I saw the cute dogs and pumpkins pattern paper, I knew I had to use that, too!

To create the card, I followed a tutorial by Susan Campfield here: Slimline Pop-Up Card with Glow of Harvest DSP. I chose my papers and then used a few sets by Altenew to decorate the card.

For the fence, I used Altenew's Craft-Your-Life: Rustic Charm project kit. For the pumpkins and leaves, I used Altenew's One Go: Sweet Pumpkins bundle. For the "happy birthday!" sentiment, I used Altenew's Craft-Your-Life: Literary Blooms kit. And for the "Cutest pumpkin in the patch" sentiment, I used Altenew's Pumpkin Patch bundle. 

I also wanted to add my granddaughter's name to the front of the card and decided to use some printed chipboard letter stickers by American Crafts. They've been in my stash for an age and worked perfectly for this card. I used them on the back of the card for the "HB2U" sentiment as well. 

If you're interested in doing some crafty shopping at Altenew, I'd be so grateful if you used my affiliate link here: Carrie's Altenew Link.  I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Altenew carries many wonderful craft products and has a great weekly sales section if you are looking for bargain prices to grow your Altenew collection. 








Back of the card:


Challenges I'm entering: 

{PIN}spirational Challenges: (1/5; ends at the end of the month)


If You Give a Crafter a Cookie...: (2/5; ends at the end of the month)

{Cupcake Inspirations}: In the Garden: (3/3; ends 9/11/26) 


Creative Creases Challenge: ATG with a fun fold project: I'm on the DT and entering just for inspiration (ends 10/1/26)

Allsorts challenge blog: All Creatures Great and Small or ATG (4/5; ends 9/11/25)

Send A Smile 4 Kids Challenge Blog: Cute Fall/Halloween Cards for Kids (1/2; ends at the end of the month)


Love Those Pretty Papers Challenge: ATG with pattern papers with option of fall florals (1/3; ends at the end of the month)

AAA Birthday: Use pattern paper (ends at the end of the month)


The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG or option of following a sketch (4/6; ends at the end of the month)

Cardz 4 Galz: #284 Interactive (Kinetic) anything: Interactive/kinetic (I have pop ups inside the card) (3/3; ends 9/16/26) Top 3 Pick 9/17/26

Paper Rocks Scissors: ATG with paper and/or scissors (I used scissors to cut the foam tape) (4/5; ends at the end of the month)

A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge: ATG (ends at the end of the month)

Mix It Up Challenge Blog: ATG with option of Embossing (4/5; ends 10/15/26)

Love To Craft Challenge Blog: ATG (4/5; ends 10/15/26)

Classic Design Challenge Blog: ATG with option to use die cuts (ends 9/12/26)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (1/5 for the week; 4/10 for the challenge; ends 9/16/26)

Crafter's Cafe: ATG with option of Easel Card (4/8; ends 9/12/26)

simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Stamp it (My pumpkins and leaves were stamped (1/5; ends 9/14/26)

Word Power: ATG with words as the focus (1/3; ends at the end of the month)

fourseasons: ATG Fall (ends at the end of the month)

613 Avenue Create: ATG with option of  Bright and Breezy (1/8; ends at the end of the month)

We Love Stamping: ATG with stamping (my pumpkins and happy birthday sentiment were all stamped) (1/3; ends at the end of the month)

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Add some texture (My fence is embossed) (1/5; ends 9/16/26)

Fab 'n' Funky Challenges: More than one fold (2/4; ends at the end of the month)

little red wagon: use a stamp (unlimited entries; ends 9/15/26)

A Place To Start: ATG with option of Relates to a Song (1/8; ends at the end of the month)

Crazy is our fame - STENCILS are our game!: ATG with stencils with option of yellow (I used coordinating stencils to color in the pumpkins and leaves in the Sweet Pumpkins set (1/3; ends at the end of the month)

Inspiration Station: The beautiful fall colors in the photo are mirrored in my fall-themed card (1/8; ends at the end of the month)


I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog: 

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;

The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.

Numbers 6: 22-26

38 comments:

  1. A lovely colourful Autumnal creation Carrie, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts and We Love Stamping challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great modern card. Love the colours and the pop up elements. Thanks for taking part at Allsorts and We Love Stamping challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card fro your granddaughter, the pop ups are fabulous. So glad you share with us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card for your grandaughter - full of lots of lovely interest which she will love. Thanks for sharing with us at Inspiration Station and Love to Craft

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute fall inspired card. I can just imagine your granddaughter having fun flipping the layers. Thanks so much for joining us over at Little Red Wagon this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the perfect card for a 2 year old to explore and play with, and it's adorable too. Thanks for playing along at The Inspiration Station and Paper Funday Challenges; we hope you'll join in again soon.
    Donna xx
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Pick 3 Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! That's amazing and the interactivity so fun! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous card! Love the patterned paper (yes, I'm a dog lover too), and the interactivity. I am sure your granddaughter will love it too. Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at AAA birthday, hope you'll join us in future challenges too. Take care, keep crafting and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG what a FABULOUS creation! Very unique interactive card! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons, Stencil Fun, LTPP & Word Power challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Four Seasons Co-Owner
    Stencil Fun Co-Owner
    Love Those Pretty Papers Co-Owner
    Word Power Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! This is FABULOUS!
    We're always thrilled to see each entry arrive in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
    We do hope you'll return!
    Wishing you the very best of luck with your entry.
    Warm Wishes, Jackie,
    DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super fun card and the amazing design/fold is so impressive! Thanks for sharing with us at Send a Smile 4 Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!!! Awesome card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our PINSPIRATIONAL challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me again!! Thanks so much, as well, for participating in my IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous card!! Love all the pop ups and the prtty papers you used!! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenges!
    Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an interesting fun fold! You always amaze me. Thanks for accepting the challenge at A Place To Start !

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an amazing creation. The fold itself is a work of art, and the colours and elements you chose are so brilliant. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this is so creative. I love it. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, that's a fantastic card for your little granddaughter, a great fold and design- love the bright cheerful colours and the dogs, great personalisation too.
    She is going to love it!
    Thank you for joining in at Fab'n' Funky
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks also for joining in at We Love Stamping.

    ReplyDelete