Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Mini Delight: Sweet Popsicles Thanks For Being So Sweet Card

I'm so excited to be a Guest Designer for Altenew's August 2026 release! I've been having so much fun playing with the new crafty goodies they sent me, including this fun Mini Delight: Sweet Popsicles set! 

For this card, I ink smooshed a background using watercolors from Altenew's Watercolor 36-Pan Set. Then I used the stamps from the Sweet Popsicles set to stamp more texture onto the background using Fuchsia and Orange Cream Fresh Dye Inks from Altenew. 

I die cut all the popsicles and used Altenew's Four Scoops Artist Marker set to color the popsicle sticks and the pink and yellow popsicles. The orange popsicle was die cut from paper I had watercolored with the same 36-pan watercolor set I used for the background. I die cut the sprinkles, toffee bits, chocolate topping and white chocolate drizzle and added them to the popsicles along with some stamping of toffee bits on the yellow popsicle. I love how many options this little set includes! 

I decided how I wanted to arrange the popsicles and then stamped the "thanks for being so sweet" sentiment (also from the Sweet Popsicles set) onto the watercolored panel. Then I popped up the popsicles using Altenew's Instant Dimension Foam Tape. To complete the background, I die cut some candy bits from the dies in the Sweet Popsicles set out of Brown Diamond Glitter Cardstock from Altenew's Brilliant Red Glitter Cardstock Set and added them around the popsicles. 

I took a 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inch panel of brown cardstock and mounted it to a white A2 card base and then adhered the watercolored panel on top. 

If you're interested in doing some crafty shopping at Altenew, I'd be so grateful if you used my affiliate link here: Carrie's Altenew Link.  I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Altenew carries many wonderful craft products and has a great weekly sales section if you are looking for bargain prices to grow your Altenew collection. 





Challenges I'm entering:
Allsorts challenge blog: Colors of Summer or ATG (5/5; ends 8/14/26)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (3/5 for the week; 8/10 for the challenge; ends 8/19/26)

****Pammie's Inky Pinkies**** **********Challenges**********: ATG (3/3; ends 8/17/26) C10

A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge: ATG (ends at the end of the month)

Classic Design Challenge Blog: ATG (ends 8/12/26)

Pearly Sparkles Challenge Blog: Summer Holidays (2/3; ends at the end of the month)

fourseasons: ATG summer (1/3; ends at the end of the month)

I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog: 

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;

The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.

--Numbers 6: 22-26

No comments:

Post a Comment