Sunday, August 16, 2026

Ocean-Themed Faux Tunnel Card

I recently had the pleasure of attending Altenew Educator Ishani's workshop using a few of the products from Altenew's June release. We created what she termed a "faux tunnel card" using dies from Altenew's Ocean Windows Nesting Die Set to create the background. Then we die cut and ink blended elements from the following sets: Creative Cuts: Zero Waste Under the Blue, Craft-Your-Life: Coral Reef Wonders, and Mini Delight: Graceful Seahorse. I used Altenew's Golden Sunset inks to ink blend the seahorse, some of the starfish, the yellow coral, and the clown fish. I used Altenew's Whispering Woodland inks for the foliage elements. I used Lindy's Magicals to create the top layer of the card. 

After die cutting each layer with the different sizes of the Ocean Windows die set out of different shades of blue cardstocks, I decided where I wanted to place my little seahorse and Clown fish. Then I adhered the layers down, using a mix of liquid glue and Altenew's Instant Dimension Foam Tape for the layers. I added seaweed, coral, and starfish around the seahorse and fish for interest. I finished up the card by adding a few clear enamel dots from Altenew's Colorful World Enamel Dot set. 

I think I will add the sentiment to the inside of the card when I decide who I will give the card to.

If you're interested in doing some crafty shopping at Altenew, I'd be so grateful if you used my affiliate link here: Carrie's Altenew Link.  I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Altenew carries many wonderful embossing folders, stencils, project kits, inks, and die sets and has weekly sales. 




Close ups:



Challenges I'm entering:

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (5/5 for the week; 10/10 for the challenge; ends 8/19/26)

A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge: ATG (ends at the end of the month)

Classic Design Challenge Blog: ATG (ends 9/12/26)

As You Like It Challenge: Favorite Coloring Medium and Why: I love ink blending! I can add more color to certain parts of a stenciled area or a die cut for color variation, and I can use my large collection of inks to match just about any color I could desire. My sticky mats from Altenew make it easy to ink blend, too. (2/3; ends 8/26/26)

Allsorts challenge blog: Embossing or ATG (I chose ATG for this card) (1/5; ends 8/28/26) Top Pick 8/29/26

Dragonfly Dreams: Beach or Seaside (1/3; ends 9/5/26)


"Just Us Girls" Challenge: Water (1/3; ends 8/19/26)

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Summertime Blues (2/5; end 8/17/26)

Crafty Gals Corner: ATG or Summer Vibes (1/3; ends 9/7/26)

Cardz 4 Guyz: Summer (ends 8/16/26)

Make My Monday Challenge Blog: Boardwalk/Coastal Path (1/3; ends 8/23/26)

Crafty Animals: ATG with animals (ends at the end of the month)

Creative Crafting Uncles: ATG (1/3; ends 9/12/26)

Creative Moments: Make it Cute (1/3; ends 9/12/26)

Critter Crazy CHALLENGE BLOG: ATG with animals (1/5; ends at the end of the month)

Daisy Chain Challenges: Animals (ends at the end of the month)

fourseasons: Summer (ends 8/25/26)

If You Give a Crafter a Cookie...: At the Beach (1/5; ends at the end of the month) 


I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog: 

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;

The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.

--Numbers 6: 22-26

 

 

26 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!! The piece you used on the top layer looks so much like ocean; it's perfect! And the different sized dies you used give such fun dimension! Thanks for playing with Creative Moments Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great scene you've created! Love the depth. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really colourful Ocean inspired creation, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous effect and so colourful. Thanks for joining the AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tunnel effect adds so much dimension to your card, Carrie, and those colorful fish add the fun element. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic!...love that oceanic cave! Thanks for playing along with our SUMMER challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! Great work!!
    Deb Horst, DT #C4G388

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, this certainly is a fabulous summery card, and congrats on your win at DD too!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
    Diane
    {Nellies Nest}
    The Four Seasons Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Diane! I appreciate you letting me know about the Double D win, too!

      Delete
  8. The tunnel effect is magical, a perfect underwater scene! Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This underwater scene you created is so well done! I love the water effect you got with the magicals! Thanks so much for playing at Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Carol! Love Lindy's Magicals so much!

      Delete
  10. This is such a fabulous creation. It's so effective. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great effect for you underwater scene. You choose the perfect type of card. Thanks for playing along with us at our previous challenge at Creative Crafting Uncles and good luck. Hope you will join us this challenge again.

    Crafty greetings
    Alex

    *Owner* Creative Crafting Uncles
    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge
    Alex' Kreative Seite

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous card and the tunnel really gives the feeling of depth. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!! That is an awesome card!!! Thanks so much for participating in my IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete