I love making cards with scripture verses, and I recently discovered Papertrey Ink's Reflections subscription. Each month, a beautiful scripture stamp, coordinating die to cut out the stamped verse, and 2 decorative label dies arrive in my mailbox to play with! I'm delighted by the subscription and have started making a set of cards using the verse of the month stamp and sending them out to elderly members of my church and other people the Lord puts on my heart to encourage.
For this card, I wanted to use the colors in Papertrey's September challenge, so I picked yellow, orange, and pink inks and started by creating a stenciled background using Papertrey's Color Pop Butterflies set. Once I had finished stenciling, I trimmed the panel to fit my white, top-folding A2 card base and adhered it to the card front.
For the verse, I stamped it in black ink so it would stand out. I die cut it with the coordinating die (I just love the look of die cut sentiments/verses!) and then ink blended it with the same pink I used in the background. I then die cut the largest of the 2 labels in the Reflections Matthew 6 subscription set out of white cardstock. I ink blended the die cut using the same golden yellow I had used in the background. Then I adhered that die cut and the scripture verse to the front of the card. This was a quick and easy card that will brighten a friend's day with the cheerful color palette and the encouraging verse.
Challenges I'm entering:
September 2026 Inspiration Challenge – Papertrey Ink:
Word Art Wednesday: ATG (4/5 for the week; 4/10 for the challenge; ends 10/14/26)
Classic Design Challenge Blog: ATG with option to use die cuts (ends 10/12/26)
613 Avenue Create: ATG with option of Bright and Breezy (6/8; ends at the end of the month)
A Place To Start: ATG with option of Relates to a Song (5/8; ends at the end of the month)
I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog:
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;
The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.
Numbers 6:22-26



Carrie, this is such a wonderful and encouraging card! I love scripture stamps too and this sounds like a great subscription club. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday! We always appreciate seeing the beautiful cards that you make!
ReplyDelete