Friday, July 24, 2015

From the Heart Stamps: I {heart} sketches with a tWist #113

For this card, I used the current sketch on the From the Heart blog. The "Happy Birthday" banner is a cut file I sized to fit an A2 card to copy the top part of the sketch. Then I used the digital stamp and sentiments from the Mouse Balloon set (this is a FREE set, by the way!) by From the Heart Stamps. I traced the image and then used the offset feature in my Silhouette Design Studio software and combined the original image and offset to make a cut file. Then, using the traced image, I clicked on "release compound path" and selected the balloon. I moved it aside, deleted the rest of the traced image and then colored the balloon yellow. For the sentiments, I sized them for the card and then created a curved rectangle around each of them. Now I was ready to put all my elements on the virtual mat, select "show registration marks" and print and cut my image, banner and sentiments. Then I colored my mouse image. I adhered the banner with a Zig glue pen and then used foam squares for the "Wish Big" sentiment and the mouse image, placing an extra foam square on the yellow balloon to pop it up. Inside the card, the "Have a mice day" sentiment is adhered with glue tape.





10 comments:

  1. Super sweet card, Carrie and the banner fits perfectly with this cute little FREEBIE mouse. Please remember next time to add our Sketch in your blog post - it´s one of our rules. THANKS !!!

    Thanks for joining our Sketch Challenge with a tWiSt # 113 @ From the Heart Stamps !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imke, thanks so much for the comment and for being patient about the backlink to the sketch. I just started this blog a few days ago, and it's been quite a learning curve! My 14-year-old son helped me today, so I think I have the sketch and backlink done correctly now. Hopefully I'll remember how to do this on my own now! Anyway, I love From the Heart Stamps and have made lots of great cards with FTH sets. I'm excited to have a blog now so I can participate in the monthly challenges and the weekly sketches.

      Delete
  2. Oh Carrie, I love that you used your sentiment banners to utilise the sketch design, what a wonderful card!
    Thank you for joining in our sketch challenge at From The Heart Stamps
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my card! I am excited about earning some store credit to From the Heart Stamps since I just love the great digi stamp sets there!

      Delete
  3. Very cute card, thanks for joining us at Paradise of stamps for our challenge
    hugs Louise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute Card!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Scrap!
    Hugs
    Cristina DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a super cute card! I LOVE that little mouse! The banner sentiment is fabulous, too! Thank you so much for joining in my 5th Blogiversary at On A Stampage! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great card for Di's Digis "Hand Coloured Image" challenge. I love the banner; I've got a Silhouette and NEVER use it, you put me to shame, lol. Don't forget our latest challenge starts today, hope to see you there Donna ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card too!

    Thank you for joining us at Scribbles Designs #31 Birthday Bonanza Challenge... be sure to drop by the blog for the weekly Freebie Friday image and monthly free image on our challenge...

    Sandy S
    (Owner/Designer Scribbles Designs)

    ReplyDelete