Sunday, February 14, 2016

Birdbrain Needs Coffee Card

A good friend of mine is a definite coffee addict, and when I wanted to make her a card to thank her for all her work organizing a big event at our church recently, I thought I'd make her a card with a coffee theme. She has a fun sense of humor, and I knew she'd enjoy this digi and sentiment! (I gave it to her this morning, and she loved it!)
I followed the sketch at I {heart sketches} with a tWist this week for this card using a FTHS set called "Birdbrain Needs Coffee." I won it recently during the February FTHS blog hop. You can find it at http://fromtheheartstamps.com/shop/
I imported the digi set (it comes with several sentiments) into my Silhouette Design Studio software and sized the image and sentiment the way I wanted them for this card. Then I isolated the coffee beans from the bottom of the digi to make a pattern paper background with coffee beans on it. I printed it on Bazzill cardstock and then on Kraft cardstock so I could have a card base with the coffee bean motif as well as the Kraft cardstock I die cut to match the sketch. I used a Gina Marie die to die cut the Kraft cardstock and then cut the top to match the sketch. I decided to add a pull-out tag with the sentiment, so I only adhered 3 sides of the Kraft cardstock to my card base and left the top open for the tag to slide in. I die cut the Birdbrain digi with a Top Dog Dies die and colored him with Copic and MEXPY markers. The last step was to enlarge 3 of the coffee beans from the digi and print them out. I colored them and fussy cut them before adhering them to the card with foam squares. I also fussy cut some coffee beans from the leftover Kraft cardstock to add to the tag with the "Hello, Monday, we meet again" sentiment.

Here's a view of the tag (die cut with a Gina Marie die):

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
I {heart} sketches with a tWist
http://fromtheheartstamps.com/community/2016/02/08/i-heart-card-sketches-with-a-twist-138/

Share Joy Challenge
http://sharejoychallenge.blogspot.com
Retarte 2W, E3 - #70 - Anything Goes or Easter (Week 2) 

8 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! That's exactly what I was going to do if I ever get around to using this sketch this week! I thought this design was perfect for a little tag insert! Love your coffee bean background! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, this is FUN !!!

    Thanks for joining our Sketch Challenge with a Twist # 138 @ From the Heart Stamps !

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a CLEVER take on the sketch! I love it. This is so much fun - you nailed it!! Thanks for joining the challenge this week at From the Heart Stamps.
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great card - love how you've used the images! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a tWist - hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so funny! That's me sometimes...except I don't drink coffee! =)
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carrie!! Love this card and image!! This pretty much sums up my mornings!! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carrie!! Love this card and image!! This pretty much sums up my mornings!! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun card!!! Cute cute. Thank you for joining us at Stampartpapel Retarte#70
    Alexandra Dt

    ReplyDelete