Friday, July 1, 2016

FTHS Pumpkin Patch Girl

This week on the FTHS blog, the optional twist is paper piecing. I recently bought Poppy Stamps "Pumpkins and Gourds" die set and was itching to use it, so I decided on a fall-themed card. Rather strange for the start of July, I know! But I have this sweet digi "Pumpkin Patch Girl" by FTHS and figured she'd be perfect with some of the little pumpkins from the set!
For my 5X7 inch card base, I embossed the front with a chicken wire embossing folder by Cuttlebug. Then I die cut a scalloped rectangle using a WaffleFlower die. I added the mini pumpkin die cuts popped up with foam squares to match the sketch and adhered my digi also using foam squares. I used digital paper piecing to color in the pumpkins, her dress and her shoes. 
 I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
The Sisters of Craft (M, P1, E3, no Besties) July - Always Anything Goes
Sweet Stamps Anything Goes Challenge (M, P1, E3, SIO) Anything Goes
Doodle Pantry (M, P1, Winner P26, E3, SIO, digital product#19 - Anything Goes
Cute as a Button (M, P1, F, E3/unlimited with Cute as a Button image) #24 Anything Goes
Digistamps 4 Joy (M, P1, E3, SIO) #126 - Anything Goes optional twist: Dies and/or Punches
I {heart} Sketches Challenge - W (2W in summer), SIR - (Deadline July 17)  Sketch* and/or Twist: Paper Piecing


6 comments:

  1. Pretty Fall Card, Carrie and great take with paper piecing her dress.

    Thanks for joining our Sketch Challenge with a twist # 158 @ From the Heart Stamps !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a tWist - hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the girl image, so cute and great paper piecing Carrie. I'm so happy to have your creation entered in our challenge at Digistamps4Joy this month. Come join us again next month. Have nice moments always :)
    Fondly,
    Asmah
    DS4J DT
    Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely coloring! I love the embossed background and the little pumpkins! They are perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at FTHS for Sketch #158!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the paper piecing on your image. Great card. So glad that you could join in the fun over on the Doodle Pantry site.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. Thanks for joining in with the Sisters of Craft challenge, best wishes, Anne DT x

    ReplyDelete