Thursday, September 3, 2026

Fluttering Fantasies Shaker Card

Back when Altenew first released the Creative Cuts: Fluttering Fantasies die set, I saw Jennifer McGuire create a shaker card with the negative from the butterfly die cuts and fell in love with the set. I bought it and created a very large shaker card with it here: Carrie's Custom Cards: Fluttering Fantasies Shaker Card

For this A2 card, I started with a white top-folding A2 card base. Then I trimmed a panel of white cardstock just under 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 and enclosed it in some packaging from a stamp set I had ordered recently. I taped down three sides of the packaging to enclose the white panel and then added my shaker beads to the plastic pouch. I then taped down the fourth side and used red tape to adhere the shaker pouch to the front of the card base. 

Next, I trimmed down the purple watercolored panel I had die cut the Fluttering Fantasies die out of so that it would fit on an A2 card. Then I die cut a frame using 2 sizes of Altenew's A2 Panels Nesting Die Set. I adhered the frame to the negative die cut panel and adhered panel to the shaker pouch using glue tape. 

To decorate the card, I added a butterfly I had assembled from the die cut butterfly pieces the Fluttering Fantasies cuts out. I added some details to the butterfly with Altenew's Ultimate Acrylic Markers Duo set. 

For the sentiment, I used Altenew's One Go: Solid Circular Sentiments press plate and coordinating die along with Altenew's Obsidian Pigment Ink. I die cut more pieces out of scraps of white cardstock  and stacked them all behind the sentiment for dimension. 

If you're interested in doing some crafty shopping at Altenew, I'd be so grateful if you used my affiliate link here: Carrie's Altenew Link.  I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Altenew carries many wonderful craft products and has a great weekly sales section if you are looking for bargain prices to grow your Altenew collection. 






Challenges I'm entering: 

The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG or option of following a sketch (2/6; ends at the end of the month)

Cardz 4 Galz: #284 Interactive (Kinetic) anything: Interactive/kinetic (I hope my shaker counts since you can shake it to make the beads move) (1/3; ends 9/16/26)

C.R.A.F.T. Challenge: Back to school or ATG (I chose the ATG option this time) (1/2; ends 9/16/26)

Paper Rocks Scissors: ATG with paper and/or scissors (I used scissors to cut the packaging that holds my beads) (2/5; ends at the end of the month)

Creative Inspiration Challenges: ATG (1/2; ends at the end of the month)

"Just Us Girls" Challenge: Die Week (1/3; ends 9/9/26) 


A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge: ATG (ends at the end of the month)

Mix It Up Challenge Blog: ATG with option of Embossing (2/5; ends 10/15/26)

Love To Craft Challenge Blog: ATG (2/5; ends 10/15/26)

The Diva's that cut ....paper!: Reuse, recycle, repurpose: I used plastic packaging from a stamp set to wrap around a white cardstock panel and then added beads into it and sealed it for my shaker pouch. Also, rather than throwing away scraps of paper I made a mistake on (like when I get a smudge on a background or didn't stamp something clearly), I reuse the paper as die cuts I stack behind my sentiments dies like in this case where I have die cut an additional 6 layers of scrap papers behind my "miss you" die cut (2/4; ends at the end of the month)

Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog: ATG (3/3; ends at the end of the month)

Classic Design Challenge Blog: ATG with option to use die cuts (ends 9/12/26)

Allsorts challenge blog: All Creatures Great and Small (3/5; ends 9/11/26)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/5 for the week; 2/10 for the challenge; ends 9/16/26)

Triple B: ATG with birds, blooms and/or butterflies (1/3; ends at the end of the month)

Critter Crazy CHALLENGE BLOG: ATG with critters as the focus (1/5; ends at the end of the month)

Crafty Animals: ATG with animals/insects as the focus (unlimited; ends at the end of the month)

Crafter's Cafe: ATG with option of Easel Card (2/8; ends 9/12/26)

 I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog: 

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;

The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.

Numbers 6: 22-26


6 comments:

  1. Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful card!
    DT – Val, Nan, Leigh
    https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com

    LeighSBDesigns.com
    https://leighsbdesigns.blogspot.com

    http://mysideofoz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, Carrie. Love the shaker element and gorgeous color scheme for these beautiful butterflies! Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely colours for such a different shaker card, many thanks for sharing another with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete