Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Magnificent Branch Sympathy Card

One of my friends in the crafting community recently lost her mother-in-law, and I wanted to send a sympathy card to her and her husband. I created this card during a practice session for another friend's upcoming Leve 3 Altenew Educator Certification Program (AECP) workshop. Kim (the friend leading the practice session over Zoom) created a card design using Altenew's Build-A-Garden: Magnificent Branch set, and I pulled that set out and used the stamp, coodinating stencil set, and coordinating die to create this card inspired by her class.

I first stamped the image in my Stampwheel 2.0 and left the stamp on the flip plate so I could restamp the image after ink blending it. Then I chose inks from Altenew's Warm & Cozy ink collection along with Silverstone and Moss inks for the leaves and Brambleberry for the purple flower center on the flower at the bottom left side of the card. I used inks from Delectable Desserts ink collection for the branch. 

After ink blending the image, I put it back in the Stampwheel 2.0 and restamped it so the lines were nice and crisp again. Then I die cut it. I wanted to use colors in Altenew's October Inspiration Challenge, so I chose purple cardstock for the background panel and used a matching purple Ohuhu alcohol ink marker to color the white edges of the die cut stamped image. 

To create my layers, I trimmed 2 pieces of purple cardstock and one of white cardstock. The purple layers were: 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 and 4 by 5 1/4. I added Orange Cream ink to the edges of the white panel I had trimmed to 4 1/8 by 5 3/8 inches and adhered it to the large purple panel. I adhered that to a 5 by 7 card base. Then I adhered the Magnificent Branch image to the smaller purple panel and trimmed off the edges. I added back the bits I had trimmed off to fill up the space a little more (and so they weren't wasted). 

For the sentiment, I used the November 2026 Craft-Your-Life: Wildflower Tufts project kit and add-on dies. That set is available to subscribers now and will be available on the website to non-subscribers in early November. It's a beautiful kit with sympathy-themed sentiments I think will be a great addition to my stash. I stamped the sentiment and die cut it and then die cut several more to stack behind the sentiment for dimension. I added the sentiment to the smaller purple panel, adhered that panel to the layers already on the card base and then finished off the card with 6 enamel dots from Altenew's Warm & Cozy Enamel Dot collection.

If you're interested in doing some crafty shopping at Altenew, I'd be so grateful if you used my affiliate link here: Carrie's Altenew Link.  I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Altenew carries many wonderful craft products and has a great weekly sales section if you are looking for bargain prices to grow your Altenew collection. 




Inside the card:


 Challenges I'm entering:
October 2026 Inspiration Challenge | Altenew: ends at the end of the month


Creative Moments: Autumn Colors (1/3; ends 10/12/26)

Crazy is our fame - STENCILS are our game!: ATG with stencils with option of Orange (1/3; ends at the end of the month)

little red wagon: Autumn Colors (2/3; ends 10/7/26)

Classic Design Challenge Blog: ATG with option to use die cuts (ends 10/12/26)

C.R.A.F.T. Challenge: ATG (2/2; ends 10/24/26)

The Neglected Stuff Challenge: ATG with neglected items from your stash (I used a stamp set I hadn't used in over a year) (1/3; ends at the end of the month)

A Place To Start: ATG with option of Spotlight technique (1/8; ends at the end of the month)

613 Avenue Create: ATG with option of Think Pink (1/8; ends at the end of the month)

We Love Stamping: Shades of Autumn (1/3; ends at the end of the month)

Digi Choosday Cardmaking & Crafting Challenge: ATG (2/4; ends 10/27/26)

Crafty Catz: ATG (2/5; ends 10/9/26)

Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG (2/3; ends 10/9/26)

Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog: ATG (2/3; ends at the end of the month)

Paper Rocks Scissors: ATG with paper and/or scissors (2/5; ends at the end of the month)

I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog: 

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;

The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.

Numbers 6:22-26

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card, I love the flowers on the branch and lovely colours..
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete