Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Inky Impressions Guest Designer Post

I was honored to be asked to be a Guest Designer over at the Inky Impressions Challenge this week! Why not join in at http://inkyimpressionschallenges.blogspot.com/? The theme for this week's challenge is Christmas, so I used Joey & Lynnie's Cookies for Santa digi stamp along with the "Believe in the Magic of Christmas" sentiment, also from Inky Impressions. Check out their store for lots of lovely Christmas stamps along with other themes at http://inkyimpressionsrubberstamps.com/. Don't let the website name fool you--they have lots of digi stamps as well as rubber stamps!
 
To make this card, I imported the digi image and sentiment into my Silhouette Design Studio software and sized them up the way I wanted them. I did a trace of the image and used the "trace outline" feature to do a print and cut of the image. For the sentiment, I chose a tag cut file, put the sentiment inside and then combined them so I could do a print and cut of them.
After printing and cutting out the digis, I colored the darling image with Copic and MEXPY markers. I used a Marvy Snow Marker for the fuzzy part of Lynnie's slippers. Then I set to work on the card base. I used Spellbinders Enchanted Labels 28 to make a hinge card. Then I adhered the image with foam squares and tied on the tag and button with green floss. Thanks, Shell, for giving me the opportunity to be a GD this week!
 
 
Crafting By Designs - W,F, 3E -  Get Ready For Christmas November Edition
Simon Says Stamp - W, 5E - Anything Goes
Fab 'n' Funky - W,1E, C10 - #283 Christmas
Inspiration Destination - W, F- #61 Always Anything Goes 

WordArt Wednesdays - W,5E , scriptural word art freebie offered each week - #211 Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge Extra (M,P1) Anything goes as long as it is Christmas
Stemplegarten (M,P5 E1,C8) #43 Anything but Square
Nordsalten Hobbyklubb (2W,E3,P1/15) #128 Winter Joy

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Carrie! You did a great job with all the detailed coloring! I love the fuzzy slippers! --Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a sweet card- love the image :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely image and cute card. Thanks for joining us at Stempelgarten challenge!
    ;-) Alex H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww . . . very cute! And that die you used for the card base is so elegant. Thanks for playing with CHNCC2. (Sorry I'm so late)

    ReplyDelete