Monday, November 2, 2015

Silver and Black Sympathy Card

A friend from my Bible Study Fellowship class lost her mother last week, and I wanted to share a sympathy card with her. While her mother had been ill for some time, it's still so hard to say goodbye to one's mom. I'm so grateful Deb has the assurance that she will see her mom again in heaven since they have both put their trust in Jesus for their salvation.
I used a blank black A2 card base that I embossed with a Cuttlebug floral folder. Then I die cut a white circle using a Spellbinders Stately Circles die and a silver wreath using Memory Box Catalina Wreath die. I also used silver cardstock for the Spellbinders accents on the top and bottom of the card. The bow is made from silver artisan paper. For the sentiment, I heat embossed the "with sympathy" clear stamp with silver embossing powder after stamping it with Versamark ink. I die cut the sentiment with another Spellbinders Stately Circles die and adhered it to the larger circle with foam squares.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Verve Inspiration Challenge
http://vervestamps.blogspot.com/p/inspiration-challenge.html
Share Joy Challenge

2 comments:

  1. Carrie, Beautiful Sympathy card. Love all the die cuts and embossing folder.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautifully elegant card. Thanks for playing along in our Black White & Glam challenge.

    ReplyDelete