Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Eat More Pie Card and a Freebie

It's November already! Time to think about one of my favorite holidays: Thanksgiving! My mom commissions me to make all her holiday cards, and she sends out 100 of them for most holidays and 200 at Christmas. For her Thanksgiving cards this year, I found this lovely leaf and acorn frame as a freebie on Quilling Patch blog at http://www.quillingpatch.com. There are lots of great freebies there.
I had some pretty fall paper by Carta Bella called "Falling Leaves" that I thought would work well for a Thanksgiving card. I cut it into 3X3 inch squares. Then I did some word art of a poem I found online (it was listed as having an unknown author) that I thought was funny. I played around with some different fonts for some of the words and used different colors. It turned out kind of like the writing in Geronimo Stilton books, if you're familiar with that children's series. Then I used a label cut file from the Silhouette online store to cut out the poem. I added a print and cut of the pumpkin pie from a FTHS set called "Eat More Pie." I colored it digitally and then used a trace file to cut around the outside edge.
I had some fall embellishments by The Paper Studio and also made a clay leaf of my own to add (the tan-colored leaf toward the middle of the leaf panel). The acorns on the bottom are a little hard to see, but the leaves show up pretty well.
For the inside, I digitally colored the turkey from the same FTHS set "Eat More Pie." I did a print and cut of him and cut out another pumpkin pie to adhere with a foam square to add a little dimension. I printed the sentiment onto the Kraft cardstock using my Silhouette Design Studio software. I'm not sure where I got the sentiment originally. If you recognize it, please leave me a comment so I can credit the artist.
Here's my Thanksgiving gift to all of you! Right click on the word art to save it. Please don't share this with others. Instead, direct them back to my blog if they'd like a copy of it. Thanks! Have a very blessed Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment