Thursday, October 27, 2016

Spooky Halloween for The Outlawz

This week over at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge, our twist is ANYHING GOES! It's everybody's favorite theme! Hope you can join us this week! Remember, you can submit up to 2 projects each week!
MHK Designs, our wonderful sponsor this month, has some great digis to play with. I chose to use a few digis and a sentiment from the "Spooky" digi set for my step card. You can find this set and lots of other great digis at https://www.etsy.com/shop/MHKDesigns?ref=hdr_shop_menu
I added some fun Halloween paper to my white step card base and then did a print and cut of several digis from the "Spooky" set. I placed the raven from the set in the tree and sized the tree to be a bit taller and narrower than the original digi to fit my card better. Isn't it great how easy it is to play around with digi stamps? They are so versatile! Then I did a print and cut of the skeleton key and an offset file for the bat to print and cut him out, also. I made a rectangle cut file around the sentiment to cut it out and then adhered it to the bottom "step" of the card.
I added a few spider web die cuts to embellish the card and colored the leaves and branch on the bat digi. I also added a few googly eyes for fun!
Side view:

3 comments:

  1. Such a great "spooky" step card, Carrie. I always change the size of the digital images, but it never even occurred to me to change the width!!! Something to consider in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your "spooktacular spookiness "! This is such a great Halloween card that is sure to delight someone, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is too cool, Carrie! Love the step card featuring all the different digis! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete