Sunday, October 16, 2016

Fall Hedgehog Card

This month for Gerda Steiner's progressive monthly challenge, Gerda designed a darling hedgehog with some fall produce. I love it! Being the proud owner of Henry the Hedgehog, I love all hedgehog-related stamps! 
For this card, I used my Silhouette Design Studio software to do a print and cut of Gerda's digi. I did two copies so I could fussy cut the pumpkins and pop them up with foam squares for a little découpage. 
I colored the digi with Copic and MEXPY markers. Then I used 2 Gina Marie coverplate dies to make the snowy sky and the background trees. I live in Michgan, so it's not unusual for us to have snow in the fall. The coverplate dies are such a good deal at just $10 each! Here's a link to Gina's online store: http://wholesalecraftingsupplies.com/t/-gina-marie-designs- You won't believe the variety and the prices she offers! And there's free shipping on orders of $50 or more in the U.S.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Gerda Steiner monthly progressive challenge: https://gsd-stamps.com/blogs/news/join-us-for-octobers-challenge
Cardz 4 Galz 2W,3E #33 Use At Least One Die (W2 of 2) 
Crafting With An Attitude M,1st Thurs,3E Always Anything Goes
Moving along with the Times 2W,3E #31 Trees and/or Leaves (W2 of 2)
Sasayaki Glitter Challenge Blog M, 1st Thursday, F, E3 - Autumn/Harvest/Halloween
Southern Girls 2W,1E,C10 145 Puches & Dies (W2 of 2)
WordArt Wednesdays - W, 5E , scriptural word art freebie (Week 2 of 2) Anything Goes 
A Bit More Time to Craft (2W, P1/15, E3) Always Anything Goes
  • Animal Friends Challenge (M, P1, E3, must have an animal) #43 - Autumn/Halloween


  • 12 comments:

    1. What a beautiful Fall card Carrie! I absolutely love the fall colors you've chosen and the tree die background! The recipient of this card will be smiling ear to ear at the sight of this very darling hedgehog! He's just the cutest! May you have a lovely week. Hugs.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Super cute card! I really like how you layered the dies and colored the hedgehog.

      ReplyDelete
    3. An adorable card and so nicely designed.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Was für ein süßes Motiv! Danke für die Teilnahme bei den AF.
      LG Dreja

      ReplyDelete
    5. I was glancing through the entries to see if anyone besides me saw an apple and a pear. Sure enough, it was you! I love the setting you created for your hedgehog!

      ReplyDelete
    6. A very cute card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our SASAYAKI GLITTER challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
      Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

      ReplyDelete
    7. Love your cute hedgehog and a fab background too!.
      Thanks for sharing at Cardz4Galz. :)

      ReplyDelete
    8. Such an adorable cute card. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz DT.

      ReplyDelete
    9. Very cute. I do love hedgehogs and your background is great. Thanks for joining us at Souther Girls.

      ReplyDelete
    10. Beautiful card.
      Thank you for joining us at the Animal Friends.
      Hugs
      Kuni
      PS my new challenge blog start on the 10th november and a hope to see you.
      http://sweetstamperschallenge.blogspot.de/

      ReplyDelete