Thursday, October 13, 2016

Christmas Silhouette for The Outlawz

This week at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge, our twist is to add sparkle or bling to your project.
MHK Designs, our wonderful sponsor this month, has loads of great sets that would work perfectly with our twist. I chose "Christmas Silhouettes" for my card. You can find that set and lots of other lovely digis at https://www.etsy.com/shop/MHKDesigns?ref=hdr_shop_menu
To make my card base, I used Spellbinders Grand Labels 11 to make a top-hinge card using black glitter card stock. Then I die cut a smaller die from the same set in red glitter card stock and adhered it to the card base. 
I did a trace and cut of the silhouette image using my Silhouette Studio Design software and cut it out of black card stock. I adhered it with foam tape to pop it up a bit. For the sentiment (also from the "Christmas Silhouettes" set), I printed it out onto vellum and die cut it with a Gina Marie Designs X-Stitched Rectangle die. I adhered it with glue dots and used silver sequins and a sequin Christmas tree to cover where the glue dots showed through the vellum. 


I'm entering this card in the following challenge: MHK Designs Challenge: http://mhkdesignsbymynn.blogspot.com/search/label/Challenge

4 comments:

  1. I'll bet this is really sparkly in person, Carrie. Too bad that glittery things don't show up in photos very much, but I can imagine it. The silhouette really pops against the red. Very clever to use sequins to cover the glue behind the vellum strip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Christmas card, Carrie! I agree with Jean...I bet it is super sparkly in person! I love silhouettes, and this one is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely scene here, Carrie. I can just imagine what all those children are saying about Santa coming and their Christmas wishes! I love it when a piece of art tells a story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO genius, Carrie! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way you used the image to create a cut--and the glittery papers are perfectly festive! Thank you so much for joining us at MHKDesigns--I hope you join us again soon! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete