Thursday, October 6, 2016

Seashell Card for The Outlawz

This week over at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday Cahllenge group, our twist is to make a masculine card. I'm not very good at masculine cards, to be honest. I love lots of delicate die cuts and sparkle on my cards, but it's good to get out of my comfort zone and create something with a more masculine look.
MHK Designs, our wonderful sponsor this month, has some great masculine digis to work with. I chose to use 2 of her sets for this card: Serene Seaside and the matching Serene Seaside digi papers. You can find these sets and lots of other great digis at https://www.etsy.com/shop/MHKDesigns?ref=hdr_shop_menu
I did a print and cut of the seashells from the digi set using my Silhouette Design Studio software. I also printed 2 of the matching papers and used Gina Marie Designs "Rounded Stitched Rectangles" to die cut them for my card. I had printed the sentiment from the MHK Designs Serene Seaside set (say that 3 times fast, I dare you!) directly onto the digi paper before die cutting it. 
I used colored pencils to color the seashells and arranged them with various layers of foam tape to give them some dimension. I added a couple silver seashell sequins (there's another tongue twister!) with glue dots to finish off the card. 


I'm entering this card in the following challenge: MHK Designs Challenge
http://mhkdesignsbymynn.blogspot.com/search/label/Challenge

6 comments:

  1. This is a great card, Carrie! Love the stitched look around the bg and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful masculine card, Carrie. I really like the look of the shells colored with colored pencils for a more muted look that works perfectly with the papers you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect masculine card, Carrie. The shells are colored perfectly to go with your background paper. Those sequin shells are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Masculine cards might not be within your comfort zone, but it sure doesn't show, this is such a fantastic design, a great showcase of the sponsor's products!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card. I love the soft feeling it evokes. Also, thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving some comment love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so softy and lovely, Carrie! I adore the way you used the papers--and those shells are colored beautifully! Amazing card, friend! Thank you so much for joining us at MHKDesigns--I hope you join us again soon! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete