It's time for Altenew's August release, and I'm absolutely thrilled to be a Guest Designer for this release! Today I'm sharing a card I made with one of the new ink collections Altenew is releasing this month: Highland Flora. I love these new purples!
To create my card, I started by creating my card base using the partial die cutting technique and the die from Altenew's Build-A-Garden: Softly Sketched Blooms set (also part of the August release). I opened up the card base and added the die to the bottom of the top panel and then only put the top plate of my die cutting sandwich over the part I wanted to die cut.
Next, I stamped the floral focal point from the Softly Sketched Blooms set in VersaMark ink and added Altenew's Rose Gold embossing powder over it and heat set it. Then I used Altenew's Highland Flora, Whispering Woodland, and Warm & Cozy ink collections to ink blend the stamped image using the coordinating stencils. I die cut the ink blended flowers and adhered them to the card front to line up with where I had done my partial die cutting. Then I added a strip of glitter cardstock from Altenew's Gilded Glitter Cardstock Set to the bottom of the inside of the card to show through under the floral focal point. I adhered the glitter cardstock using Altenew's new 4.25 by 5.5-inch size of Double-Sided Adhesive Sheets.
To finish the card, I stamped "sending hugs" using VersaMark ink and Altenew's Rose Gold embossing powder and heat set it and then added 3 gem sparkles around the sentiment.
f you're interested in doing some crafty shopping at Altenew, I'd be so grateful if you used my affiliate link here: Carrie's Altenew Link. I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Altenew carries many wonderful craft products and has a great weekly sales section if you are looking for bargain prices to grow your Altenew collection.
It's hard to tell that this card has a shaped edge, so here's a process photo that shows it off a bit more:
Challenges I'm entering:
I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog:
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;
The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.
Numbers 6: 22-26
.png)
.png)


No comments:
Post a Comment