Friday, July 31, 2026

The Afternoon Spread Card

I had so much fun playing with the September Craft-Your-Life project kit from Altenew! Everything on the card except for the enamel dots came from the kit. It includes the beautiful floral stencil, the dies that create cookies and mugs, and even an arch die and stamps that fit it perfectly!

I had help from my 4-year-old grandson die cutting the cookies, and I discovered he absolutely LOVES cranking the die cutter! Whether I have the plates in it or not! He was fascinated by the way it worked!

I created a cream-colored A2 card base and then trimmed a cream panel to 4 by 5 1/2 inches. I stenciled the flowers onto the cream panel using Altenew's Bubblegum Dreams and Whispering Woodland ink collections. Then I used a bit of Altenew's Pearl Shimmer Relief Paste for the stenciled flower centers. I set the panel aside to dry and created the little mug of tea and the saucer. I chose my colors based on the color palette for Altenew's July Inspiration Challenge.

I arranged the die cut cookies and the mug of tea at the bottom of the stenciled panel and decided how I wanted to arrange the stamped sentiment. I stamped it on the arch die cut and trimmed the arch die cut so the sentiment fit where I wanted it. Then I decided to add the 3 little leaf cluster die cuts that came in the kit. I ink blended them using the same Whispering Woodland inks I used for the stenciled background. Then I adhered everything to the panel using liquid glue and Altenew's Instant Dimension Foam Tape for the tea cup. I adhered the panel to the card base and added a few of Altenew's Tea Party enamel dots to finish the card. 

If you're interested in doing some crafty shopping at Altenew, I'd be so grateful if you used my affiliate link here: Carrie's Altenew Link.  I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Altenew has many wonderful Craft-Your-Life project kits like the one I used here as well as a weekly sale section with great deals. 





 Challenges I'm entering:

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: ATG (1/5; ends 8/5/26)

July 2026 Inspiration Challenge | Altenew


 I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog: 

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;

The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.

--Numbers 6: 22-26

No comments:

Post a Comment