I recently attended an Altenew Educator workshop led by my friend Ishani S, and we created 3 cards using Altenew's Craft-Your-Life: Fruits & Flowers project kit for all three of them. Ishani is a wonderfully creative cardmaker, and I love how all 3 cards turned out.
For this card, I started by embossing a panel of white cardstock with the 3D embossing folder included in the Fruits & Flowers kit. Then I trimmed the panel to 4 1/8 by 5 3/8 and adhered it to a white A2 card base. I then trimmed a piece of purple pattern paper with a woodgrain pattern on it to 1 3/4 inch by 4 1/8 inches and adhered it over the bottom of the embossed white panel. Then I began die cutting and ink blending several of the fruits and the mesh bag from the Fruits & Flowers kit. I adhered all the little pieces together and then and then arranged a banana, a plum, and an orange in the mesh bag and added the bag where I wanted it on the woodgrain "counter." I used liquid glue to adhere the fruits where I wanted them and then to adhere the edges of the mesh bag to the card so the bag is slightly rounded where the fruits are adhered.
I added an orange from the same kit and some leaves on the counter in front of the mesh bag using Altenew's Instant Dimension Foam Tape. Then to finish the card, I stamped and die cut the "sending sweet thoughts" sentiment (also from the Fruits & Flowers kit) and stacked several layers of die cuts to give the sentiment some dimension before adhering the stacked sentiment to the card.
If you're interested in doing some crafty shopping at Altenew, I'd be so grateful if you used my affiliate link here: Carrie's Altenew Link. I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Altenew has many wonderful project kits like the one I used here as well as a weekly sale section with great deals.
Challenges I'm entering:
A Place To Start: ATG with option of black and white (8/8; ends at the end of the month)
613 Avenue Create: ATG with option of any holiday (8/8; ends at the end of the month)
The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG with option of Summer Splash (6/6; ends 8/2/26)
Can You Handle The Pressure?: ATG with an embossing folder and the optional twist of stars and/or stripes (1/3; ends 8/5/26)
Double D Challenges: Favorite Fruit (3/3; ends 8/2/26)
Classic Design Challenge Blog: ATG with option of any holiday (unlimited; ends 8/12/26)
A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge: ATG (ends at the end of the month)
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge ...: ATG (3/3; ends 8/2/26)
Crafty Catz: ATG (5/5; ends 7/31/26)
Cut It Up: Emboss it (I used an embossing folder to create the white background panel on my card) (1/3; ends 8/3/26)
Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/5 for the week; 2/10 for the challenge; ends 8/5/26)
I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog:
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;
The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.
--Numbers 6: 22-26
.png)
.png)
.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment