Thursday, October 8, 2026

Pure Joy Z-Fold Card

This month's challenge over on the Pinkfresh Studio blog includes 6 colors and the theme of Fall Foliage. I opted for 5 of the six colors in this project and used Pinkfresh Studio's Joyful Day press plate with Pinkfresh's Mimosa ink to create the leaves in the background to follow the fall foliage theme. 

I made an A2 card base and then added a score line at 2 1/8 inches to create the z-fold card base. Then I trimmed black cardstock to 2 by 5 3/8 inches for the front panel and 4 1/8 by 5 3/8 inches for the inside panel. Then I trimmed my panels I had used the Joyful Day press plate and Mimosa ink on to 1 7/8 by 5 1/4 inches for the front panel and 4 by 5 1/4 for the inside panel. I adhered the panel to the card base.

Next, I stamped Pinkfresh's With Sympathy floral stamp in VersaMark ink and added gold embossing powder to it. I heat set it and then used the coordinating stencil set and more Mimosa ink along with a green and purple ink from Altenew (Fresh Leaf  and Brambleberry). I die cut the image with the coordinating die and added a second die cut piece for dimension and then decided where I wanted to place it on the panel so I could add a sentiment to the panel as well. I trimmed off the bottom of the floral image and adhered it to the bottom of the inside panel. 

For the sentiment on the front of the card, I stamped "spending time with you is pure joy" from Pinkfresh's Pure Joy set and ink blended the same Brambleberry ink over the sentiment that I used for the flower centers on the inside of the card. I die cut 3 more layers of the sentiment and stacked them together before adhering the stacked sentiment to the front of the card. 

For the "I appreciate you more than you know" sentiment, I used one of the sentiment press plates from the Pinkfresh's Sending Love set with VersaMark ink and then added gold embossing powder to it and heat set it. I die cut it with the coordinating die and then die cut 2  more layers of the sentiment and stacked them together for dimension. I adhered the sentiment to the inside of the card and added 3 purple pearls around the sentiment to embellish the card. 











Challenges I'm entering: 

October 2026 Challenge: Fall Foliage (ends at the end of the month)


Creative Creases #120 - October 2nd-November 5th: ATG with a fun fold (I'm on the DT and entering just for fun) 

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/5 for the week; 7/10 for the challenge; ends 10/15/26)

Classic Design Challenge Blog: ATG with option to use die cuts (ends 10/12/26)

The Neglected Stuff Challenge: ATG with neglected items from your stash (I hadn't used any of these Pinkfresh Studio stamps, dies, stencils, or press plates before! I purchased them when a local craft outlet went out of business last year and had them in binders for over a year before deciding to take them out and use them this week!😂) (3/3; ends at the end of the month)

A Place To Start: ATG with option of Spotlight technique (3/8; ends at the end of the month)

613 Avenue Create: ATG with option of Think Pink (3/8; ends at the end of the month)

Digi Choosday Cardmaking & Crafting Challenge: ATG (4/4; ends 10/27/26)

Paper Rocks Scissors: ATG with paper and/or scissors (4/5; ends at the end of the month)

Fab 'n' Funky Challenges: 3 of something (I have 3 purple pearls on my card) (2/4; ends 11/8/26)

Creative Girlz Card Aventures: Fun Folds (ends 10/18/26)


I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog: 

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;

The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.

Numbers 6:22-26




 

4 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing this Zfold card with us at A Place to Start

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a Z-fold card ... yours is awesome! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Neglected Stuff challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Neglected Stuff Co-Owner
    NEGLECTED STUFF CHALLENGE

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic card with that wonderful background that contrast with those gorgeous flowers and highlights the sentiments. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a beautiful Z fold card, the stamps and colours are gorgeous.
    Thanks for joining in at Fab'n' Funky
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete