Thursday, October 8, 2026

Winter Village Rocker Card for Just Us Girls #844

It's time for a new challenge on the Just Us Girls Challenge blog, and I'm back with a card following the word prompt for this week: Move

There are lots of possibilities for this one! I chose a rocker card for my project. I created the white card base by using the largest in Altenew's Nesting Circles die set and then created the next layer using the next smallest circle die and the green striped pattern paper. I adhered them together, scored them down the middle and burnished the score line to create the rocker card base. 

For the focal point, I used a die set from Altenew called Winter Village. It includes so many adorable little details! I die cut several layers of the snowy landscape and added my ink blended houses and trees to the snowy section. For the sky, I die cut the stars from the die cut that cuts a sky scene and then die cut just the sky scene out of silver glitter cardstock. I ink blended Altenew's Desert Night ink over the top layer and then adhered it to the silver glitter cardstock so the stars shine through. I die cut and ink blended the moon die cut using white cardstock with Fresh Lemon ink blended over it. I adhered the moon and then adhered my houses and trees after ink blending everything. I used Reindeer Moss ink on the trees, and Ruby Red, Almond Butter, Jet Black, and Fresh Lemon on the houses. 

For the sentiment, I used a retired Altenew set called Winter Crocus that has a lot of great holiday sentiments including this "from our home to yours" which I thought was just perfect for the little scene I created with the 2 houses. 

Once I had the Winter Village scene finished, I adhered the bottom of the back to the front of the rocker card base and then added the sentiment. I die cut the sentiment using a die from Altenew's Terrific Tags die set. 

I hope you'll join the fun over on the JUGS challenge blog with your interpretation of "move" this week. Here's a link: "Just Us Girls" Challenge

If you're interested in doing some crafty shopping at Altenew, I'd be so grateful if you used my affiliate link here: Carrie's Altenew Link.  I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Altenew carries many wonderful craft products and has a great weekly sales section if you are looking for bargain prices to grow your Altenew collection. 




Challenges I'm entering:

The Diva's that cut ....paper!: Shaped Cards (1/4; ends at the end of the month)

Double D Challenges: Windows (1/3; ends 10/29/26)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (1/5 for the week; 6/10 for the challenge; ends 10/15/26)

Classic Design Challenge Blog: ATG with option to use die cuts (ends 10/12/26)

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Use pattern paper (1/5; ends 10/15/26)

The Neglected Stuff Challenge: ATG with neglected items from your stash (I used the Winter Village die set I had bought over a year ago and never used before now! I really need to stop buying anything new until I use all the sets I already have!😂) (2/3; ends at the end of the month)

A Place To Start: ATG with option of Spotlight technique (2/8; ends at the end of the month)

613 Avenue Create: ATG with option of Think Pink (2/8; ends at the end of the month)

Digi Choosday Cardmaking & Crafting Challenge: ATG (3/4; ends 10/27/26)

Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG (3/3; ends 10/9/26)

Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog: ATG (3/3; ends at the end of the month)

Paper Rocks Scissors: ATG with paper and/or scissors (3/5; ends at the end of the month)

Fab 'n' Funky Challenges: 3 of something (I have 3 trees on my card) (1/4; ends 11/8/26)

A Cut Above: ATG with die cuts (1/3; ends at the end of the month)

Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog Any shape but a rectangle + a sentiment (1/5; ends at the end of the month)

Christmas Crafts All Year 'Round: T and U: I chose "trees" (1/5; ends at the end of the month)

Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog: ATG (2/3; ends at the end of the month)

Creative Girlz Card Aventures: Fun Folds (ends 10/18/26)

Addicted to Stamps and More!: Christmas (ends 10/13/26)

Girlz Creative Christmas (Xmas) 🎄: ATG Christmas (ends 10/10/26)

Peace On Earth Christmas: ATG Christmas (1/3; ends 10/15/26)


I'd like to leave a blessing for all the lovely visitors to my blog: 

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you;

The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.

Numbers 6:22-26


10 comments:

  1. Such a pretty wintry scene on your rocker card! Delightful. Again, thank you for sharing your creativity with us for this challenge.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, this turned out SO cute! Wish I had seen it rockin'!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Neglected Stuff!
    Diane
    {Nellies Nest}
    The Neglected Stuff Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love rocker cards and this one is so cute! Thanks for being our guest this month and making such great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a charming little scene you created on you rocker! Cute card, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG what a fun card Carrie! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D, Neglected Stuff & Peace on Earth challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Double D Co-Owner
    Neglected Stuff Co-Owner
    Peace on Earth Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete