Friday, February 16, 2024

Greenhouse Card for Creative Creases #76

It's time for another challenge over at the Creative Creases blog where it's always anything goes with a fun fold, and I'm back with another guest design card. Please join the fun with your fun fold projects here: https://wp.me/p4bS0N-byD

The card design I used for this card came from a free Altenew tutorial in their All About Layering series. I really liked the look of the acetate window over the base making the flowers look like they are in a greenhouse. To create the card, cut a piece of acetate to 4 1/4 by 11 inches. Score at 5 1/2 inches. Then, on a piece of 4 ¼” x 5 ½” cardstock (I used black but you can use any color), score at ¾”, 1 ½”, 2 ¾”, 4”, 4 ¾”. Fold it in half first, then fold the next fold up, then the other ones back down to get mountain folds. Apply super sticky tape to the front and the back little flaps. This is where the acetate window will be attached.  Adhere one side of this flap onto the acetate and then start arranging the floral images and adhere them to the inside card. Then adhere the other acetate flap onto the acetate. Finally, cut two strips of 4 ¼” by ¾” card stock and cover both the front and back of the card to hide the sticky adhesive from showing. I heat embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder onto one of these pieces before adhering it to the front of the card. 

The floral stamps I used for this card came from Altenew's Build-A-Flower: Canterbury Bells. I stamped the multi-layer stamps in shades of orange, pink, and purple. That stamp set comes with 2 smaller flower branches that don't have any layering stamps (just the outlines), so I stamped and die cut those smaller stamped images and colored them with my Ohuhu alcohol ink markers. 
 
To finish the card, I added a butterfly I die cut out of pink vellum. 



Side views:




Close up of the florals:


I created a jig to place the die cut pieces in so I could stamp several of the die cuts all in one session. This stamp set has the outline stamp, 3 layers of stamps for the flowers and 3 layers of stamps for the leaves, so having a jig helped me with perfect placement for each layer. 



This time Creative Creases is partnering with Double Trouble, so you can double the fun by entering both challenges! Here's a link to Double Trouble's challenge and the details about the theme this time: Double Trouble Paper Crafting (doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com)



Challenges I'm entering: 

Double Trouble Paper Crafting (doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com): see graphic above Thing 1: fun fold Thing 3: I'm the GD over at Creative Creases this time Prize Winner 3/1/24 MFT clear stamp set and Crafter's Companion rubber stamp set arrived 3/14/24

Butterfly Challenge (butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.com): Playing in the first prize category: 3 colors: burnt orange, bud green, and baby pink, birthday theme, butterfly (ends 2/21/24)
 


No more challenges. 

25 comments:

  1. Love this tent card, Carrie! Using the acetate makes it even more creative and can see making a fun nautical scene as well. I hope you know how much we appreciate your great cards as our Guest Designer! Hope to see in the gallery again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Debbie! You've got my imagination working now with the nautical theme idea!

      Delete
  2. Wow - this is gorgeous! Love the clear "greenhouse" - that's clever AND beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary! I love finding a use for all the acetate I have!

      Delete
  3. I've hopped over from Creative Creases. This is a fabulous card. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for stopping by, Suzanne! It's an easy fun fold to make, and you can use any flowers in your stash.

      Delete
  4. Carrie, what a great job you did on your florals and love your acetate card. I have oodles of color vellum in my stash buried and perfect to use for butterflies. Thanks for sharing your DT card with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful entry Carrie for the Altenew Challenge! It really does look like a greenhouse … what a fun effect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Carrie! Love this fold - great use of acetate! Thanks for joining in our birthday celebration at Time Out Challenges!
    Hugs, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate, and congratulations on Time Out's 10 years!

      Delete
  7. Such a unique and lovely design. I'll definitely have to give this one a go! Thanks for playing along at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is really pretty. I have not seen acetate used this way before. I very much have a love hate relationship with acetate as I do not like getting finger marks on it and taking a photo with no flash is so hard to do. I love, love,your card Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. A, I feel the same way about acetate! Not only fingerprints but also any lint or dog hair (I have a black and white Great Dane, and the struggle with dog hair is never ending!) make it difficult to work with, but it does create a lovely effect!

      Delete
  9. This is such a clever idea, Carrie! Such a lovely "card" for your recipient - actually a gift in itself - and so many possibilities. I am with you on using acetate - it's a cat hair magnet. Thank you for playing along at Double Trouble. - Melanie R.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooooh!!!!! I've never seen anything like this!!!! What an incredible idea and it turned out so beautiful!! Thank you so much for sharing at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow.. this is ingenious! The green house and the pretty flowers look soo beautiful and the little butterfly trying to figure out how to get the nectar! Thank you so much for joining Time out challenges 10th birthday celebrations! Hugs ~ Ishani <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unique and lovely card! Glad you joined in our BD challenge at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool, amazing look!
    Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
    xoxo,
    Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all your kind comments on my blog, Aimeslee!

      Delete