Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Praying For You CAS Card

A friend of mine recently shared that she's been struggling with depression for the last couple of months, and I wanted to make a card for her to let her know I'm praying for her. 

I stamped one of the floral stamps from Altenew's Nature's Magic Build A Garden set, and then die cut it with the coordinating die. I colored the flowers with my Ohuhu alcohol markers. Then I chose some watercolor brush markers and added some splatters to the bottom right section of the card. I stamped "praying for you" (from Altenew's Grand Carnations) in the top left and adhered the floral focal point over the watercolor splatters. I hope the pretty pinks will lift my friend's spirits. 


Challenges I'm entering: 

 The Paper Shelter: Something beginning with "F" (Flowers) (1/2; ends 2/7/24)


TIME OUT Challenges: CASE this card: I copied the layout of the card and used watercolor splatter under the floral focal point to mimic the paint splatters in the original card (1/5; ends 2/14/24) C5


Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/5 for the week; 2/5 for the challenge; ends 2/14/24)



10 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie ~ I know your friend will appreciate that you are praying for her AND that you thought enough of her to create this beautiful card. I am such a sucker for splatters! Thank you for participating in Pammie's Inky Pinkies challenge. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karen! I now have a box in my craft room for watercoloring and making splatters, and it really helps control the mess!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous CAS card Carrie - sure to bring a smile! Glad we were able to inspire you at Time Out! Hugs, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card in those beautiful pinks. I'm sure your friend will be touched. Happy you joined us at Time Out Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful CAS card with lovely colouring. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for stopping by and commenting on my card, Mrs. A! I need to get back to the butterfly garden soon!

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful CAS rendition to Sarah's card. Love the layout and your coloring. Thank you for taking time out and joining us <3

    ReplyDelete