Friday, February 2, 2024

Heart Swing Cards for Valentine's Day

It's time for a new challenge over at the Creative Creases blog, and I'm honored to be a guest designer! It's always anything goes with a fun fold over at Creative Creases, so I hope you will join in the fun and share your fun fold projects here: https://wp.me/p4bS0N-bxr.

I am sharing a Valentine's Day card this time, and my Valentine's Day cards this year feature a mushroom theme. I found some darling digital mushroom paper at the Silhouette Design Store and used it to fill in the heart swing card base which is also a cut file from the Silhouette Design Store. I designed a print and cut for the sentiments using my Silhouette Design Studio software and used a Polkadoodles pre-colored digi stamp with a cute hedgehog sitting with some mushrooms that I sized to fit in the first heart. I printed out 180 of each of the elements for the card and then began glueing all the parts together and folding all the score lines. My Silhouette Cameo 4 is a workhorse and did a great job cutting out all the parts. My mom sends out 150 cards to shuts ins, friends, people from her church, etc. for most holidays as a ministry, and I in addition to her cards, I made some extras to send to the shut ins at my church and some friends and family members. I plan to do another set using that darling little hedgehog for my Bible Study Fellowship students. Polkadoodles has some of the cutest digi stamps!

For the envelope flaps, I used a SU! sentiment and heart stamp from the Share A Milkshake bundle and added another heart stamp from my stash. I used my MISTI to stamp out all the envelopes. I love being able to restamp if I don't get a good impression the first time. 







 

Here's a look at what the card bases and pieces looked like before the bases were folded and the elements were adhered:


Challenges I'm entering: 

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (1/5 for the week; 1/10 for the challenge; ends 2/14/24)

The Paper Funday Challenges: Let's Celebrate (3/6; ends 2/4/24)



simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Have a Heart (1/5; ends 2/5/24)


Double Trouble Paper Crafting (doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com): Thing 1: Love is in the Air Thing 3: Entered in Color Dare Challenge

Color My Heart Color Dare: Pink, red, and green (the grass by the hedgehog) from the color palette (ends 2/16/24) 

Creative Knockouts: Love/Valentine's Day/Anniversary (1/2; ends 2/15/24) C10

28 comments:

  1. Wow, Carrie! This is one of the cutest swing cards I've ever seen. Love the mushroom theme! I am very hesitant to make digital cards but see from your "before" photo that it's basically the same as a traditional handmade card. That may just make me give it a go soon. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie! You should definitely give digital cardmaking a try!

      Delete
  2. Oops! I forgot to say thank you for being our guest designer at Creative Creases. Your creative talent is such a great addition to our team.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pleasure to be a GD at Creative Creases! Thanks for hosting me!

      Delete
  3. Wow! What a great card, and what a project you took on, that's a lot of Valentine's cards! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Melanie! It was a big project, but I'm praying these cards will be an encouragement to everyone who receives one.

      Delete
  4. Wow what a feat of engineering! These cards are precious! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare! - Heidi M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable image and love the mushroom theme and using it in a fun fold. You may also want to include this in our SomeThing, AnyThing, Everything Challenge #158, you still have a couple days to enter in challenge also and will have already earned three chances for that random draw too. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Suzanne! I entered #158, also!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for sharing in Double Trouble #158 and partnering with Color Dare and Creative Creases.

      Delete
  6. OOoooooo.....how cute!!! I've never tried a card like that. You're a really adventurous crafter. Thanks SO much for sharing your wonderful creativity with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm so grateful to have you play along with us and I hope you'll join us again soon, Carrie. If you would be so kind as to stop by my personal blog www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com and leave me a comment there, I'd really appreciate it and I'd be able to see it. I always love to make blog friends and followers. Don't we all? I (no one) can see the comments you leave here, and I really want to keep in touch so please stop by my blog. I also love hearing what others think of the things I create. Some cards are better than others....you know how it goes. LOL Anyway, have a blessed day and thanks again for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. It means so much to me, my friend. God bless you!
    Karen L, Owner
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Karen! I've visited your blog and commented on your latest post, too! Such a cute card for your granddaughter!

      Delete
  7. Very cute card with the mushroom theme. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carrie, how wonderful of you and your Mom to send cards to people who may really need to know someone loves them and cares! Making the heart a swing feature makes the card even more special!!! Thank you for sharing your talents and the story behind your cards with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Donna! I love having a hobby that can brighten people's day and lift their spirits!

      Delete
  9. What an adorable card!! I love the fancy and creative fold! And those mushrooms are darling. What a wonderful thing your mom does with cards. I'm sure she creates endless smiles with such a sweet ministry. Thank you for sharing this with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Kellianne! These holiday cards are sometimes the only "happy mail" the recipients receive.

      Delete
  10. What an adorable card! I love how you used our colors. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet card. Love the swing element. Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts, and I hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jinny! Fun folds are my favorite type of cards to make!

      Delete
  12. You and your Mom are so wonderful!! <3 And the card(s) turned out so darned ca-uuute! I love sweet little hedgies. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Becca! I'm a big fan of hedgehogs, too!

      Delete
  13. Adorable Carrie. I love your sweet cards, your tips, all of it.
    Thank you for being a guest designer at Creative Creases this week. We're lucky to have you.

    Rae in Reno
    Creative Creases DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Rae! It's always a pleasure to be the GD at CCC!

      Delete