Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Peony Dream Sympathy Card

Sadly, it seems like I have been making a lot of sympathy cards lately. If you have visited my blog much, you know I regularly make and send cards to a group of shut ins at my church, and the husband in one of the couples I send cards to passed away this morning. He was in his 90s and ready to go home to be with Jesus, but it's still going to be hard for his family, especially his wife Marge who took such excellent care of him. This card is for Marge, and I'm keeping her in my prayers. 

The card base is a blue A2 top fold card base. You can't tell from the photo, but it's a shimmery card stock. Layered on the card base is a piece of textured, fabric-like paper that I distressed the edges of. Then I added a black panel that I had splattered with watercolor paints. 

For the floral focal point, I used Altenew's Peony Dream die set and die cut the flowers and leaves out of white card stock. Then I used Altenew's watercolor brush markers to color the flower and leaf layers. I adhered the layers together with Art Glitter liquid glue and popped up the front flower using foam tape. The sentiment is from Altenew's Craft-Your-Life Bewitching Rose kit. I adhered the sentiment using foam tape, also. 





Challenges I'm entering:  


As You Like It Challenge: Favorite Paper Brand and Why? I like to use Neenah Bright white card stock (110 pound) because I can buy it in bulk from Sam's Club for a very reasonable price, and it cuts like a dream on my Silhouette Cameo and with metal dies. Also, I can ink blend onto it to get whatever colors I'd like, or even watercolor on it like I've done here. (2/3; ends 1/24/24)



Creative Knockouts: Lots of Layers (1/3; ends 1/31/24) C10

Crafty Catz (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com): ATG with twist of no designer paper (1/5; ends 1/25/24) Top 3 Pick 1/25/24

7 comments:

  1. This card is really special!!
    Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !
    Hugz, Bettascrap DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Carrie! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Art Impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love the layered flower die and the colors you chose! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete