Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Praying for You Bellflower Card

I'm in love with Altenew's Craft-A-Flower sets! I purchased a few of them for Christmas when they were half off (my husband and I pick out our own birthday and Christmas gifts every year, so I always get what I want 😁), and these sets are so easy to assemble with the keyhole and arrow cut outs on the flower pieces. Just line them up using those cut outs, and the flowers turn out perfectly every time! 

For the base of this A2 card, I used kraft card stock. Then I used a stencil from Altenew's Build-A-Garden: Grand Carnation set and blended black ink over the stencil to create a background panel for my flowers. 

For the flowers, I die cut them out of a few shades of blue and then used my Ohuhu alcohol ink markers on a few of the petals because I liked the look that created. I adhered the die cut stem and leaves with Art Glitter glue and then added the flowers and the sentiment (the "praying for you" stamp is from Altenew's Craft Your Life Project Kit: Casual Bouquets) using foam tape for dimension.




 Challenges I'm entering: 


Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: ATG with flowers as the focus (4/6; ends 2/15/23)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (4/5 for the week; 4/10 for the challenge; ends 1/17/23)

Crazy is our fame - STENCILS are our game! (stencilfun.blogspot.com): ATG with a stencil (optional twist of birds) (1/3; ends 2/3/23)

A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): Gatefold card or ATG (ends at the end of the month)


A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge: ATG (ends at the end of the month) Spotlight Winner 2/29/24

The Diva's that cut ....paper! (die-cut-divas.blogspot.com): Never Before Used Stuff (the stencil, sentiment stamp, and blending brush are all new) (3/4; ends at the end of the month

 613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG with option of new beginnings (this is a new stencil and a new sentiment stamp, and I used a new blending brush, too!) (3/8; ends at the end of the month)


16 comments:

  1. Your stencil pattern for the background is stunning and my oh my what fabulous bellflowers. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the amazing stenciled background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Angy! That sticky mat from Altenew is great for holding my stencils in place!

      Delete
  3. Lovely flowers and against the background, they really stand out. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty floral card and what a great stenciled background too!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
    Diane SF Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas this January.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a huge fan of Altenew florals and especially the CAF sets. This one is lovely, Thanks for sharing with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We're always inspired by everyone's creativity!
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am new to Altenew's CAF sets but have ordered 2 more after loving the ones I got for Christmas! No one does flowers like Altenew!

      Delete

  7. Just beautiful Thanks for sharing over at 613 Avenue Create this month, hope to see you in future challenges.
    Elaine DT

    KraftiKards (my blog)
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Peace on Earth Christmas DT
    Simply Clean and Simple DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, thanks for joining us at A Place to Start for our Anything Goes, optional Gatefold challenge.

    ReplyDelete