Monday, January 15, 2024

Bellflower Birthday Card in Landscape Orientation

I had the pleasure of making 2 special birthday cards this weekend: one for my daughter (see the post for that one here: https://carriescustomcards.blogspot.com/2024/01/bellflower-birthday-card-in-portrait.html) and one for a friend of the family who shares a birthday with my daughter. I always make our friend a pecan pie for her birthday since it's her favorite dessert, and of course I have to make a special card to give her with the pie each year! 

I have once again set a goal of using items from my stash in the new year, so I chose a card base that I've had for YEARS. Since it has purples and reds, I die cut various shades of purple and red card stock to create the petals from the Craft-A-Flower: Bellflower set by Altenew that I received for Christmas. It's so fun to work with this set! The flowers come together easily with the keyhole and arrow cut outs on the pieces that enable me to assemble them easily. I also die cut the "bloom" sentiment from that set twice using the packaging from an Altenew embossing folder. I glued the two dies together to give it some dimension. 

I used Art Glitter glue to adhere the leaves, stem, and bloom sentiment to the card front. Then I used foam tape to pop up the flowers before adding some sequins to give the card a little sparkle. 

For the inside of the card, I used two stamps from Altenew's Craft Your Life Project Kit: Bewitching Rose: "sending you" and "birthday wishes."








Packaging I used for the word "bloom":




Challenges I'm entering: 

Birthstone Challenges: Garnet and Amethyst (ends 2/15/24)

Beautiful Blossoms ChallengeBeautiful Blossoms Challenge: ATG with florals as the focus and Birthday Celebrations (2nd challenge link on the same website): (2/6 for first challenge and unlimited entries for 2nd challenge; ends 2/12/24)

simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Sparkle and Shine (1/5; ends 1/22/24)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/10; ends 1/17/24)


The Diva's that cut ....paper! (die-cut-divas.blogspot.com): Never Before Used Stuff (This is the first time I've used the "bloom" die) (2/4; ends at the end of the month)

22 comments:

  1. What a lovely card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. die cuts are so much fun when creating a card. Thank you for sharing your creation with us at MMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous bellflowers, Carrie - thanks for linking up again at the Die Cut Divas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO very pretty! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Beautiful Blossoms! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

    Darlene
    BB DT
    BEAUTIFUL BLOSSOMS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another lovely card using this die set. Thank you for sharing another beautiful creation in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I think this set is going to get a lot of use!

      Delete
  6. Lovely card and kudos to you for recycling! The colors are striking! Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Happy Birthday Celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Donna! I love all the inspiration I see on your challenge blogs, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun card. great dies. thanks for sharing over at Make my Monday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. I love those blooms - so pretty and colorful. That card background was a fabulous find from your stash. Thanks for joining us at Die-Cut Divas.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  10. BEAUTIFUL cards Carrie! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Beautiful Blossoms! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

    Darlene
    BB DT
    BEAUTIFUL BLOSSOMS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beautiful design.

    Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete