Thursday, January 18, 2024

Floral Acanthus Sympathy Card

One of our good family friends lost her brother to cancer last Sunday, and I wanted to make a special sympathy card for her. I started by ink blending several layers of Stormy Skies distress ink onto a white cardstock panel. I then added some white shimmery watercolor splatters and let the panel dry. Then I used a new-to-me Altenew embossing folder called Floral Acanthus that I got for Christmas to emboss the ink-blended panel. I trimmed the panel down to fit a black A2 card base and then adhered it to the card base using foam tape. I stamped "Heartfelt sympathy" from Altenew's Bewitching Rose stamp set and fussy cut it before adhering it to the bottom right of the card. 

For the inside of the card, I knew just the stamp I wanted to use. Our friend is studying the gospel of John in Bible Study Fellowship this year (as am I), and this week's passage happened to be John 11 where Jesus declares Himself the resurrection and the life and promises that anyone who believes in Him will live even though they die. God is such a caring, personal God to have that chapter be this week's lesson. Our friend mentioned what a comfort that was to study that passage right now. God's timing is perfect! I happen to have a stamp of that verse, so I stamped the verse on white card stock and fussy cut it. 

I adhered the verse to more of another section of the blue ink blended panel I trimmed to fit in a black rectangle to coordinate with the front of the card. I wrote a separate note to my friend so that she can pass this sympathy card along to someone else if she'd like. I often leave my cards unsigned so they can be recycled and sent to another person to lift their spirits. 






 Challenges I'm entering: 

Inspiration Challenge January 2024 | Start the Year Right! (altenew.com): Inspiration photo: I hope it's okay that I focused on the blue of the sky and the black and white of the lighthouse rather than including green and brown in my project. 



Word Art Wednesday: ATG (3/5 for the week; 3/10 for the challenge; ends 1/31/23) 


613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG or New Beginnings (The embossing folder is new) (4/8; ends at the end of the month)

Can You Handle The Pressure? (cyhtp.blogspot.com): ATG with an optional twist of snow people (2/3; ends 1/24/24)

4 comments:

  1. Lovely, truly a beautiful card. The splatters look so good and that shimmer really brings out all the dimension. Thanks for sharing with us at Can You Handle the Pressure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Melanie! 3D embossing folders are so much fun!

      Delete
  2. It's beautiful, Carrie. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

    Hugs, Em
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Creative Em my blog
    Creative Em on YouTube my Youtube channel

    ReplyDelete