Friday, January 19, 2024

Camellia Japonica Step Card

Today I'm back on the Creative Creases Challenge blog as a GD sharing a new-to-me card design. If you'd like to join the fun over at Creative Creases where it's always anything goes with a fun-fold project, here's the link: https://secretstamper.com/2024/01/anything-goes-with-a-fun-fold-for-creative-creases-74/. Hope to see you over there!

One of my nieces got engaged earlier this month, and I was so excited to make a special card for her! I recently took a class at Altenew Academy titled All About Layering 5: Build A Flower Edition, and one of the card designs in that class was this step card with two panels of varying heights that add some dimension to the card. This is a free class, and here's the link if you'd like to learn how to create this card and several others: All About Layering 5 - BAF Edition Online Cardmaking Class – Altenew

I followed the instructions from the class to create the card base out of white card stock. Then I sprayed the layers with Mister Huey's Pretty Pink color mist. While that was drying, I stamped several of the flowers and leaves from Altenew's Build-A-Flower: Camellia Japonica set using pinks and reds for the flower and greens for the leaves. I die cut them using the coordinating dies. Then I assembled the card layers and added the flowers and leaves. I had some extra leaves I had stamped from Altenew's Stargazer Lily stamp set, so I added those to the middle layer for a little variation. The leaves were all adhered using Art Glitter glue while the flowers are popped up on foam tape. 

Then I die cut 3 "congrats" sentiments using a Hero Arts die and white card stock I covered with gold tape. I love that hack for creating inexpensive gold card stock! (Here's a link to the gold tape I used: Easy 99 Metallic Tape Mirror Tape Duct Tape DIY Decorative Tapes, 2.4 Inches x 55 Yards (Gold): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific. It also comes in silver if you want to make silver die cuts.) I added the "congrats" sentiments to the flowers and then had fun adding sequins to decorate the card front. 

For the back of the card, I used the same Hero Arts Congrats & Happy stamp and cut set to stamp "congratulations on your engagement" and then adhered another flower and 2 leaves to a green cardstock panel. I adhered that panel to the back of the card base to cover where the 2 front step panels had been adhered to the back. 



Close up of the flowers:


View of the back of the card:


Side view of the card to show the dimension from the two "steps": 


Challenges I'm entering:
 613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG with option of new beginnings (this is a new stamp set and a new card design for me) (2/8; ends at the end of the month)

simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Sparkle and Shine (3/5; ends 1/22/24)

Stamping Sensations: Moodboard or ATG: (I think these flowers look a lot like carnations, and I used some red tones in the card to match the moodboard) 

(1/3; ends at the end of the month)

We Love Stamping: Something new or ATG (I used a new stamp and die set and a new card design) (1/3; ends at the end of the month)

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: ATG with florals as the focus and Birthday Celebrations (2nd challenge link on the same website): (6/6 for first challenge and unlimited entries for 2nd challenge; ends 2/12/24)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/5 for the week; 2/10 for the challenge; ends 1/31/24)

Christmas BINGO Challenges: Letter G: Red, die cuts, and fancy fold (ends 2/16/24)

The Diva's that cut ....paper! (die-cut-divas.blogspot.com): Never Before Used Stuff (This is the first time I used the Camellia Japonica Build-A-Flower set) (4/4; ends at the end of the month)

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Let's have some fun! (3/5; ends 1/24/24)

The Paper Funday Challenges: Let's Celebrate (1/4; ends at the end of the month)

32 comments:

  1. Outstanding card, just beautiful and the design is fantastic, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Carrie! What a spectacular engagement card! Those camellias are beautiful. And now I have to go find some gold tape - what a cool hack! I will also check out the class you provided the link for since I'm always looking for great fun folds. Thank you so much for being our guest designer at Creative Creases! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for hosting me as you GD on CC! Here's a link to the gold tape I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079K1MFCV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1. You can get it in silver, too!

      Delete
  3. This is a really beauty and I am sure your neice loved it as much as I do. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful step card with your new Camellias, Carrie! Thanks for joining us again at Die Cut Divas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful step card, love those big bold blooms, just gorgeous! Thank you for sharing at Stamping Sensations and for using the mood board.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, love so much how the sprayed background matches the gorgeous flowers. Beautiful folding, too!
    Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful the card fold the colours and images a superb make thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty and such a unique design, well done! Thanks for sharing with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We're always inspired by everyone's creativity!
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Donna! This one was so much fun to make!

      Delete
  9. A Beautiful Card and so striking! So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A generic C&P comment as unable to type much (MS flare up) to let you know I've seen your lovely entry at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping, thank you.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for your pain, Brenda! I’ve just said a prayer for quick healing from the flare-up, and I sure appreciate you stopping by my blog.

      Delete
  11. So pretty, Carrie! Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

    Hugs, Em
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Creative Em my blog
    Creative Em on YouTube my Youtube channel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kudos to you for such a creative card! Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous fun fold card. It's so pretty and thanks for the tip about used foil tape to make some metallic cardstock. Love how you placed the congrats in the centers of the flowers. Thanks for joining us at Die-Cut Divas.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing all of the fun details and of course, the links!
    Rae in Reno, DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful - that fold is so clever!

    Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Helen! It was a new fold for me, but I think I'll be using it in the future!

      Delete
  16. Such a pretty step box card and florals!
    Thank you so much for entering this beauty in our Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.
    XOX, Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete