Sunday, January 14, 2024

Shaped Valentine Cards

I recently purchased this adorable hedgehog/mushroom digi stamp from Polkadoodles with the idea of using it to create Valentine cards.  I used my Silhouette Design Studio software to create an offset of the digi after sizing it up to a size that would work for an A2 envelope. After creating the offset, I copied the offset twice and then welded the two copies together on the side.  I added a score line in the middle and had my card base made. Then I added some sentiments and designs to the inside and did a print and cut of the base. I did a print and cut of the mushroom/hedgehog/bird digi stamp and glued it to the front of the card base. Then I stamped the envelope with a Valentine-themed design (the sentiment and the heart on the left are from SU!'s Share A Milkshake bundle). Now that I've saved the design, I'll be able to print and cut a batch of these for my Bible Study Fellowship students to give them the week of Valentine's Day. 





 

The Diva's that cut ....paper! (die-cut-divas.blogspot.com): Never Before Used Stuff (this is a new digi I just bought to make Valentine cards with. I hope I understood the rules to mean I could use my Silhouette Cameo 4 and not just traditional metal dies) (1/4; ends at the end of the month) Monthly Winner 2/4/24


TIME OUT Challenges: New (This digi stamp is new. I just purchased it to make Valentine cards. I also created a new card design for this card.) (1/5; ends 1/17/24) C5


As You Like It Challenge: Favorite paper brand and why: I love to use Neenah Bright White cardstock because it cuts so well on my Cameo 4. I do a lot of print and cut designs, and it works beautifully for that. I can also use ink blending on it if I want to create backgrounds. (1/3; ends 1/24/24)


No more challenges.

14 comments:

  1. Brilliant card and even more so as you designed it yourself. Those machines terrify me to bits. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. A, hope you had a wonderful holiday season and that you are well! Thanks for stopping by my blog! My Silhouette Cameo is one of my favorite crafting tools!! There's a learning curve for sure, but it's amazing what the software can do! I'm continually learning new things!

      Delete
  2. New digi is your new thing and we do allow Cameos and Crickets. Really cute card and your friends will love them. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas. Arlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Arlene! I appreciate all your kind comments!

      Delete
  3. Darling hedgie image and you made a perfect mushroom card, Carrie! Thanks for sharing at Die Cut Divas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun shaped card! I love those red muchrooms! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet Carrie. I love your special shaped card with the cute little hedgie and mushrooms. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Time Out Challenges. Hope you have a lovely day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Helen! Polkadoodles has such cute digis!

      Delete
  6. Adorable card and very clever design! Thanks so much for sharing at Time Out Challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job of creating a great digital design This is such a sweet little card! Thanks so much for joining us in the fave paper challenge over at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete