Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Yet Another Stargazer Lily Thank You Card

This is the last of my Christmas thank you cards using Altenew's Stargazer Salutations Creativity Cardmaking Kit. I promise! I made quite a few different ones using the stamps, dies, and in some cases embossing folders from the kit and am really happy with the results. 

For this card, I chose a pink A2 card base and the arranged my lilies, clusters of small flowers, and leaves the way I wanted them and then adhered the leaves and orange flower clusters using liquid glue. I used a thin foam tape for the lily on the right and then a thicker foam tape for the lily on the left. I stamped "thank you" from the same stamp set (it's part of a longer sentiment, but I cut off the rest of the words) and added that to the center of the card with more foam tape. 

What worked well for me in creating these cards today was to make the cards over the span of two sessions. First, I die cut 20 or so leaves, lilies, and flower clusters and then stamped them all yesterday. I used the negative space from the die cuts to insert the pieces and set up the stamps over the die cuts in my Sizzix stamp platform so I could quickly stamp multiples. I do the first layer of each of them and then change out the stamps for the second layer and then continue for however many layers there are (3 for the leaves in this case and 6 for the flowers when I include the stamps for the stamens and their stems). It's time consuming to do a big batch of them, but I did all those yesterday afternoon, and that enabled me to create different groupings on the cards I made today. I could focus on the backgrounds I wanted to create (I did some embossing and some ink smooshing for some of the cards) and creating the groupings I wanted. Then it was just a matter of adhering everything down. 



 Challenges I'm entering: 

Ultimate Inspiration Challenge: Altenew Year in Review 2023

I chose the January inspiration photo and focused on the beautiful pink lily: 

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (7/10; ends 1/3/23)


Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: ATG with flowers as the focus (4/6; ends 1/15/23)

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous florals and amazing color combinations. I trust you had a wonderful Christmas and are looking forward to the New Year. Thanks for playing along at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and supporting us.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenges
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Donna!
      My favorite Christmas present arrived yesterday from CA! My youngest daughter is in the Navy and is home on leave for a few days. Such a blessing! Hope you also had a lovely Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for leaving a comment and playing along with our Word Art Wednesday Blog Hop. Your floral card is lovely! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete