Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Bewitching Rose Thank You Card

I'm so blessed by the thoughtfulness of my family and friends who gave me such lovely gifts this Christmas. I've been working on thank you cards today and having fun. For this card, I finally tried ink smooshing with alcohol inks to create a background. It's hard to tell in the photos, but there's a shimmer to the inks that's really pretty up close. 

The floral bouquet was stamped with versafine clear ink and then heat embossed using Altenew's Rose Gold embossing powder. I love how the gold looks with the pinks, greens, and oranges! Coloring the bouquet was a learning experience as I used the coordinating stencils. I then die cut the stamped and colored image. There's a coordinating embossing folder in the set as well, but I didn't use it this time. 

Once my background panel was dry, I adhered it to a 5 1/2 by 5 1/2-inch green card base and then added the stamped and die cut bouquet using foam tape.  I also added a few gold Nuvo drops to two of the corners, but in hindsight, I wish I would have just splattered a bit of gold ink instead for a more random look. I'll keep that in mind for next time. 

For the inside of the card, I used dies that came in Altenew's Stargazer Salutations Creativity Cardmaking Kit to make the "Thank You" sentiment. The "you" in that set is giant! I can see using it for a variety of projects where I want to emphasize the recipient. 












 


Challenges I'm entering: 

Ultimate Inspiration Challenge: Altenew Year in Review 2023 

I chose the April inspiration photo and focused on the rose focal point:


Crazy is our fame - STENCILS are our game! (stencilfun.blogspot.com): ATG with stencils (I used the stencils that came with the Craft Your Life: Bewitching Rose set) (ends at the end of the month)

We Love Stamping: Winter Flowers and/or Foliage or ATG (1/3; ends at the end of the  month)

Stamping Sensations: Favorite Colors (I especially love pink and red together as well as pink and green) (ends at the end of the month)

Digi Choosday Cardmaking & Crafting Challenge: ATG (1/2; ends 1/9/23)

613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG with an optional twist of any winter holiday (ends at the end of the month) Top Rocker Week of Dec. 24-30

Gem of A Craft Challenge (pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.com): ATG (1/3; ends 1/6/23)

Allsorts challenge blog: Cold and Ice or ATG (ends 1/4/23)


Word Art Wednesday: ATG (5/10; ends 1/3/23)


Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: ATG with flowers as the focus (2/8; ends 1/15/23)


The Diva's that cut ....paper! (die-cut-divas.blogspot.com): Flowers (2/4; ends at the end of the month)

23 comments:

  1. Fabulous floral card, love so much the palette you used and the gorgeous bunch of flowers. Beautiful background and touch of gold too.
    Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely feel of warmer days with the summer colours and Rose, many thanks for sharing another with us at Allsorts, Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Brenda! All your comments on my blog posts are much appreciated!

      Delete
  3. Another beautiful floral!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun and Beautiful Blossoms!
    Diane SF Co-Owner and BB DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for all your lovely comments on my recent flood of blog posts, Diane! You are such a blessing!

      Delete
  4. I love ink smooshing, it creates an easy and unpredictable background. Your card is lovely and will be greatly appreciated. I trust you had a wonderful Christmas and are looking forward to the New Year. Thanks for playing along at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and supporting us.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenges
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all your sweet comments on my recent blog pists, Donna! I appreciate all the kindness!

      Delete
  5. A lovely background you created for that pretty floral. The gold is very pretty with pinks and greens. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous bright colours in this floral design. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful bright and lovely Rose. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our December challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beauty the colours are so vibrant and lush a wonderful card thank you for joining us at WE LOVE STAMPING
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a glorious Thank you card, beautiful colours. Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts and Happy New Year. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! I love the bold sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Chana! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  11. Thanks so much, Darlene! Have a wonderful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous flower card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts and at We Love Stamping Challenges. Happy New Year.
    DT Mervi

    ReplyDelete