Wednesday, December 27, 2023

In a Nutshell Birthday Card

I recently purchased a new 3D embossing folder from Altenew that has waves on part of it, and I thought that would go well with my House Mouse stamp that features a fun little ride in shell. I stamped and fussy cut my House Mouse stamp and then colored him in with colored pencils. I fussy cut the waves out of the blue card stock after running the card stock through my eBosser with the Altenew embossing folder. Then I blended some yellow ink onto a white panel and stamped "In a Nutshell...Enjoy your Day" with black ink and adhered it to my card base. I added the colored image using foam tape for dimension. This will be my mom's birthday card, and I'm hoping it will make her think of our summer trips to Edisto Island. The waves look like the ocean at high tide.



 Challenges I'm entering: 

House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge (housemouse-challenge.blogspot.com): ATG with House Mouse designs with the optional theme of Party Time (ends 1/6/23)

The Paper Shelter: ATG (1/2; ends 2/16/23)

Can You Handle The Pressure? (cyhtp.blogspot.com): ATG with an embossing folder and optional twist of winter (ends 1/10/23)


15 comments:

  1. So CUTE and fun!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
    Diane CYHTP Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Can You Handle The Pressure}

    ReplyDelete
  2. another gorgeous card Carrie :-) the image is so sweet and I love the die cut wave background! How fabulous is that!! :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
    Hope you had a lovely Christmas and Best Wishes for a fabulous New Year!
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry, that shhould have said embossed background, I was thinking that it was a die cut and emboss folder ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, Lorraine! Thanks so much for all the kind comments, and have a wonderful 2024!

      Delete
  4. sweet and beautiful Carrie
    Thank you for playing with us at the
    House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Goodluck and hope we see you again.

    Gr Karin DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee Hee, the sentiment is perfect for this adorable card. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, that little mouse is just the cutest. And I love that embossing folder, it's perfect for this design. Lots of wonderful work here, thanks so much for playing along with us over at Can You Handle the Pressure. I hope we see you back again soon!
    Judy~ CYHTP DT Designer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great card! Fun and lovely! Thank you for entering again our challenge at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great sentiment to go along with your cute card. I love the embossing. Thanks for joining us at HMFMC. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete