Monday, January 15, 2024

Bellflower Birthday Card in Portrait Orientation

For my daughter's birthday, I wanted to create a special card, and I decided to use the Craft-A-Flower: Bellflower set I got for Christmas for the focal point. I chose an A2 card base I had in my stash and then selected some card stock in purples and reds to die cut the flower petals. This set is easy to assemble since there are arrows and keyholes cut into the flower petals to make layering the petals a breeze. I also love that the small pieces can be die cut using my paper scraps! I have so many of them and am always looking for ways to use them. 

I adhered the leaves and stem to the card using Art Glitter glue and then popped up the flowers using foam tape. I stamped the "birthday wishes" onto the card base using my Sizzix Stamp and Stencil platform. The sentiment is from Altenew's Craft Your Life Project Kit: Bewitching Rose. I added a few sequins for a little sparkle. 





Close ups of the flowers:



 Challenges I'm entering: 


Crafty Calendar Challenge: ATG (1/3; ends 1/28/24)


Birthstone Challenges: Garnet and Amethyst (ends 2/15/24)


simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Sparkle and Shine (2/5; ends 1/22/24)

Snippets Playground: Challenge #471 - Celebration Theme (pixiessnippetsplayground.blogspot.com): Celebrations + use snippets (I used snippets of purple, red, yellow, orange, and green cardstock for the flowers, leaves, and stem. All die cuts were made using snippets and yet I haven't made a dent in my snippet collection! Thanks for a challenge that helps remind me to use them!) (1/1; ends 1/20/24) C10

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: ATG with florals as the focus and Birthday Celebrations (2nd challenge link on the same website): (1/6 for first challenge and unlimited entries for 2nd challenge; ends 2/12/24)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (1/10; ends 1/17/24)


No more challenges.

22 comments:

  1. What gorgeous flowers created with your new die set. Lovely background too. I find dies are a great way to use up snippets!

    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse for a mug of hot chocolate with extra marshmallows. Too cold to play on the swings. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarn! Hot chocolate with marshmallows sounds wonderful! Here in Michigan in the US, we're having bitter cold temps and lots of lake effect snow (I'm a half hour east of Lake Michigan).

      Delete
  2. A beautiful card using your New dies,the colours you chose are gorgeous,thank you for joining in at MMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Liz! It's a lovely set for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see your card again, Carrie! Thank you so much for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card. Love the colours and design and your new die set is awesome. thanks for joining us at MMM, Johanna DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - I really love how you used so many snippets. And how three dimensional the end result is too!
    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous die cut florals and I love the inky, smooshed background. Thanks for sharing with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We're always inspired by everyone's creativity!
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Donna! I can't take credit for the background on this one since it was a premade card base, but I am LOVING the Craft-A-Flower sets from Altenew that I got for Christmas!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful! This is so bright and colorful! Thank you for sharing and playing along with Polkadoodles ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the background and all around nice card. Thanks for joining us at the Polkadoodles challenge this week! Pam, DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful - love your die cut flowers and the background you've used.

    Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all your kind comments, Helen! I know I entered a lot of cards in the BB Challenge this time!

      Delete
  11. Your bellflowers are beautiful!
    Thanks a bunch for celebrating our first birthday with us at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
    xoxo, Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete