Sunday, May 12, 2024

HB2U Pop Out Card

My son's birthday is this month, and I wanted to make a special card for him, so when I saw this pop out cut file in my Silhouette Card Making & Paper Crafts FB group, I knew I wanted to try it out for my son's birthday card. A huge thank you to Sabine Harris, the creator of this cut file. She generously donates many beautiful designs to that FB group!!

After opening the cut file in my Silhouette Design Studio program, I chose the ocean-themed paper pack I wanted to use and decided what papers to use for what parts of the card. I used a coordinating card stock for the card base and the mechanism that makes the pop two flaps pop out. 

I adhered the parts together and chose the ephemera I wanted to include. I die cut the wooden rowboat using an Altenew set aptly titled: Wooden Rowboat die set. I colored some of the pieces with my Ohuhu alcohol ink markers and adhered all the pieces together. Then I added foam tape to the bottom piece and a double layer of foam tape to the top panel. I adhered the wooden rowboat with more foam tape (this is going to be hand delivered, so it can be as thick as I'd like 😁. 

For the inside of the card, I kept it simple and added a little bottle from the ephemera pack. I attached a stamped message ("Enjoy your day" from Altenew's Build-A-Flower: Larkspur set) with a bit of twine and popped the bottle and the message up on foam tape. After I took the photos, I added a personal message to the two pop up flaps. This was a fun card design, and I definitely plan to use it for other occasions. 

 








 

Challenges I'm entering: 


New tab (timeoutchallenges.blogspot.com): Alphabet magnet letters C5 (3/5; ends 5/22/24)

****Pammie's Inky Pinkies**** **********Challenges********** (pammiesinkypinkieschallenges.blogspot.com): ATG (2/3; ends 5/12/24) C10


Allsorts challenge blog: Spots and/or stripes (1/3; ends 5/16/24) Top 5 Pick 5/17/24

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Use die cuts (the rowboat is made of die cuts) (3/5; ends 5/15/24)



20 comments:

  1. This is way cool, Carrie. Thanks for the quick video!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karen! It’s a fun design!

      Delete
  2. Great masculine card and perfect folding for our Allsorts theme this week, many thanks for sharing.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful design which I am sure your Son will love. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super masculine card, Carrie. What a lovely surprise when the card is opened. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an over-the-top fabulous fold and a perfect masculine make for your son! I love the quick video too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Carrie! love this fun fold card and know your son will, too! The details are perfect and the pop-up is such a fun surprise! Thank you for always giving the Creative Creases challenge great inspiration! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the interactive fold inside this great masculine design. Thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is such a beautiful interactive card, Carrie!! Thank you so much for joining us at Time Out. Hugsxx Deepti

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card and interesting design. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool card - I love the fun fold and all the fish paper is the perfect addition for your theme!! Thank you for sharing your beautiful project with us this week at the Creative Creases Fun Fold Challenge! Hope you’ll come back soon!

    ReplyDelete