Friday, May 31, 2024

Wedding Card

 I made one final card for Altenew's May Challenge, and it's a card for my daughter and soon-to-be son-in-law. They are getting married June 22, and I wanted to make them a special card.

I used Altenew's CYL: Magnolia & Blooms for the front panel, and I stamped, stenciled, and die cut the image twice. Then I scored about 1/4 inch on the sides and adhered that small scored area to the green water color cardstock I had created for the background. I stamped "Happy wedding" using stamps from Altenew's CYL: Bold Bouquet set and then added some pearls, gems, and butterflies. I adhered the green panel to my white 5X7 card base and went to work on the inside of the card next.

For the inside of the card, I embossed Altenew's CYL: Bewitching Rose 3D embossing folder on more of the green water color paper I had created with inks and sprays. Then I added some white pigment ink to the raised parts of the panel so the design showed up better. I sized up the verse from Song of Solomon (I purchased the word art from the Silhouette Design Store) and printed it on purple paper. I then die cut the verse using a Gina Marie Designs die. Both the green and the purple panels were adhered with foam tape.

Then I created another panel using red cardstock that I embossed with Altenew's CYL: Floral Acanthus set. I stamped "congratulations" and "wishing you all the happiness you can imagine" from SU!'s retired Happiness Abounds set on the panel and then adhered it to the card base. 













Challenges I'm entering:

May 2024 Inspiration Challenge (altenew.com)

Crafty Catz (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com): ATG with optional twist of use a stencil (I used a coordinating stencil to color the magnolia and blooms stamp) (ends 6/13/24)




As You Like It Challenge: Wet or dry embossing and why? I like both styles of embossing but tend to use dry embossing more frequently because it's a quick way to add texture to a card. I like the look of heat embossing, but it takes a bit more time and effort! (1/3; ends 6/12/24) Top 3 Pick 6/13/24

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (5/5 for the week; 7/10 for the challenge; ends 6/5/24)



A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG (ends at the end of the month) Rising Star Pick Week 4

Double Trouble Paper Crafting (doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com): Thing 1: Yellow ticket for wedding card Thing 3: partnered with Creative Creases, Beautiful Blossoms, and Inspiration Station

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: ATG with flowers as the focus (6/6; ends 6/12/24)


Inspiration Station (inspirationstationchallenge.blogspot.com): The photo features lovely flowers, and my card has flowers as its theme

simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Lots of texture (4/5; ends 6/3/24)

23 comments:

  1. Pretty card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our 613 AVENUE CREATE challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful wedding card, Carrie! So perfectly summery! They will treasure this card for a long time.🦋

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you for gaining a new son and Congrats to the Happy Couple! Your card is lovely and sure to be loved for many years to come. Thanks for sharing with us at The Inspiration Station and Beautiful Blossoms Challenges. We look forward to seeing more of your designs soon.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Donna! We feel very blessed!

      Delete
  4. This is super pretty - love the colours and the fun fold design. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colors, and the fold really works well with flower images. Great card, thanks for playing along with us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card! I love the tri fold design! Thank you for joining us at the Inspiration Station Challenge this month ~Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. a beautiful card with gorgeous finishing touches. Thanks for playing along at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carrie, how wonderful for a wedding in the family. That verse is my favorite from SOS. This is a fantastic fun fold and I'm happy it's part of CCC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karen! God is so good to bring times of joy and celebration in our season of grief over my nephew's death.

      Delete
  9. Oh, Carrie, this is a stunning wedding card! The details are incredible and perfect for a day your daughter will never forget. Congratulations! I'm sure you all are getting super excited for the day to get here. Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I always love seeing your gorgeous cards in the gallery.
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have created a beautiful keepsake here, Carrie. Congrats and best wishes to the happy couple. Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge this fortnight!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and thanks for sharing at Crafty catz

    ReplyDelete