Sunday, June 2, 2024

Happy Birthday Wild Geranium Card

Lately I've been doing more experimenting with mixed media and having a lot of fun with it! For this card, I sprayed some Lindy's Starburst Magical Spray on an A2 kraft card base and embossed it with Altenew's Leaf Crown 3D embossing folder. Then I created a panel of watercolor paper that I added watercolors, ink smooshing, Lindy's Magicals, and some glitter paste through a stencil to. I adhered the panel to the card base and then stamped and die cut Altenew's Mini Delight: Wild Geranium flowers and leaves. I wanted the flowers to show up a little better on the blue background panel, so I die cut a black oval and stamped and heat embossed "happy birthday" on the oval and added my flowers to the side of the oval. The middle flower was adhered with foam tape to give it a little dimension, and the black oval was also adhered using foam tape. 





You can see just a bit of the Leaf Crown embossed area peeking up at the top and bottom of the blue panel. In hindsight, I should have chosen an embossing folder that covered the entire front of the A2 card base. 


Challenges I'm entering:
Double Trouble Paper Crafting (doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com): Thing 1: Pink Ticket: Birthday  Thing 3: Kraft cardstock Thing 2: Partnered with Colorful Options

Colorful Options: June 2024: Aqua (ends at the end of the month)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (5/5 for the week; 6/10 for the challenge; ends 6/5/24)



simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/: Lots of texture (5/5; ends 6/3/24)

613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG with an optional twist of For the Guys

We Love Stamping: Fabulous Florals (1/3; ends at the end of the month)

Stamping Sensations: Moodboard or ATG (1/3; ends at the end of the month)



Allsorts challenge blog: Lots of layers (1/3; ends 6/7/24)


Crafty Catz (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com): ATG with option to use a stencil (1/5; ends 6/13/24)

Art Impressions Blog: All That Glitters Challenge #379 Week #2 (artimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com): All that Glitters (I used glitter paste through a stencil) (2/2; ends 6/5/24)

As You Like It Challenge: Favorite Embossing Method and Why: I love all sorts of embossing techniques, but here I've used an embossing folder on the card base (most of which is covered by the blue panel in the center unfortunately) and white embossing powder with VersaFine ink for the sentiment. I really love the way white embossing powder looks on black card stock! So what's my favorite? It depends on the card 😂. I think I'll go with heat embossing as my favorite for this one! (2/3; ends 6/12/24)

24 comments:

  1. A gorgeous stencilled background, lovely design with the floral stamp and bold sentiment.
    Thank you for sharing at Stamping Sensations.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Sharon! And glitter paste is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful and I love the embossing..
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always lovely a bit of inkiness and grunge, isn't it fun to do! Pretty in the tone on tone colours, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts, Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Mixed media used to intimidate me, but now I have so much fun playing!

      Delete
  5. So gorgeous, love all that texture and the sparkle! Wonderful card, thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful in Blue card, thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping this month. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely tone on tone card. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a glorious shade of blue on this gorgeous card. thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous colourful creation love the colour you have used and those sweet flowers, thank you for joining us at both Allsorts and We Love Stamping
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carrie, I love how you incorporated the glitter paste in this, just to give a little something extra (although it would have looked great without it too), as I always love sparkle and shine (maybe that is just my personality). Thank you so much for joining us here at 613 Avenue. I always enjoy looking at your beautiful creations
    ~Tamara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tamara, thank you! I am a big fan of anything that sparkles, too!

      Delete
  11. Stunning card, Carrie. I love the design, the colours and the flowers. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGoodness this is such a wonderful card,
    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge,
    we hope to see you in future challenges.
    Keep it Crafty
    Hugs Bridget CCDT

    ReplyDelete