Friday, June 7, 2024

Thank You Teepee Card

I recently made a Mother's Day card using this teepee card design, and when I made that card (see my blog post here: Carrie's Custom Cards: Mother's Day Teepee Card for Creative Creases #81 (carriescustomcards.blogspot.com), I made a second one with the same patter paper and set it aside for another project. Today I picked it up and made some flowers and a sentiment to add to it. 

The layered flower dies are from Altenew's Craft-A-Flower series. I used Peony Dream and Sunburst Azalea and layered them with foam tape between some of the layers to give them some dimension. Then I adhered them with a few leaves from the same sets using foam tape again. 

For the sentiment, I stamped the circular message (from the retired SU! set Flowering Tulips) and die cut it using a Gina Marie Designs stitched circle die before popping it up on foam tape. 









Challenges I'm entering: 

 TIME OUT Challenges: (1/5; ends 6/19/24) C5



 The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG or Fun Folds (2/6; ends at the end of the month)


Creations in Pink: ATG in mainly pink (ends 6/13/24)

No more challenges. 




19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! I love those die cut flowers so much!! And I am very fond of this style of card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Carol! I love this fun fold, too! It's easy but has a unique look and 3 sides to decorate!

      Delete
  2. Hi Carrie, beautiful 3D triangular card, a beautiful effect and very harmonious colours. Thanks for joining Creations in Pink Taty x DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very eye-catching fold, I love the papers and those florals...so very pretty! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday and sharing your lovely card.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Carrie, I don't know what I love more about this card! The papers, flowers, and fun fold are all wonderful! You're really making me want to conquer my fear of triangles. I find them too challenging to get perfectly. Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie! You should definitely give this one a try! It's so much easier than it looks!

      Delete
  5. Wow, this is such an unique creation and it must have taken quite a long time to make too! Love the beautiful floral patterns and sunburst azalea is one of my favorite Altenew flower dies! Great work. Thank you for joining us at Time Out! ps. I moderate comments for our challenge blog and I think it was you who left a very nice comment... And then I accidentally removed it instead of publishing it!! I tried to undo it but could not. :( My apologies! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Nonni! No problem about the comment! I know how easy it is to press the wrong button!

      Delete
  6. This is one of my favorites folds. I haven't made one in quite awhile. How do you keep yours closed...with magnet or velcro? It's very pretty. Wish I had some real azaleas in my yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! I've used both magnets (the tiny but super strong ones) and velcro dots in the past, but this one uses a velcro dot. I find the velcro is easier to work with, but the advantage of the tiny magnets is that they can be hidden under a layer of paper.

      Delete
  7. Love this card! 😍I’m going have to try a ‘tepee’ card now!🙂

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Carrie! What a special and unique card! Your choice of vibrant colours are perfect for this gorgeous tropical bloom and I am still getting my head around this fabulous fold with its three amazing sides!
    Thanks for playing cards with us this fortnight at Time Out!
    Hugs, Kate (DT Time Out Challenges)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow..wow! What a beautiful fold card and great display of the die cut flower. I love your take on the Words challenge. Thank you for taking time out to join us. Hugs ~ Ishani

    ReplyDelete