Sunday, June 16, 2024

Every Birdy Father's Day Card

I'm very blessed to have a loving Christian father who trained me up to know the Lord from a young age and prayed with me and for me tirelessly throughout my life. He's incredibly generous and has always been supportive and encouraging. For Father's Day, I made him a special card using a set I just received last week: Altenew's Craft-Your-Life: Rustic Charm. It comes with two bird stamps, 2 branch stamps (the birds and branches are mirror images so that you can use the same stencils for both of them by simply using either the front or back of the stencil depending on the orientation of the stamped image), a large floral focal point (which I didn't use here), and many sentiments. There's also a fence die, stencils for the fence, and an embossing folder to emboss the die cut fence. 

For this card, I first die cut the fence die using a woodgrain pattern paper and then ran that through with the coordinating 3D embossing folder. I really like how that turned out! Then I set about creating the birds and branches. I die cut multiples of them and used a jig in my MISTI to hold the die cut pieces in place while I stamped them all. Then I used the stencils to color them. 

For the "Happy Father's Day" sentiment, I used a retired CTMH stamp. For the "Every birdy thinks you're great" sentiment, I used my Silhouette Design Studio software to create a print and cut and then used my Cameo 4 to cut it out. 

I added the fence to the blue A2 card base and then arranged the birds and branches and added the branches with Art Glitter glue and the birds with foam tape. 

For the inside of the card, I added a yellow panel and then added the "Every birdy thinks you're great" sentiment with Art Glitter glue and finished the inside by adding another of the birds I had stamped and stenciled. 

I know Father's Day can be challenging for some people as their earthly fathers have disappointed them or maybe even abandoned them, and I'd just like to add that our Heavenly Father loves us with a perfect love and has promised never to leave us or forsake us. May you find comfort in the knowledge that you are cherished by the Father who created you and sent His Son to die on the cross as payment for your sins so you can be given the gift of eternal life through faith in Jesus.  



Close up of the birds:


Inside the card:


Close up:


Challenges I'm entering: 


We Love Stamping: Fabulous Florals or ATG (3/3; ends at the end of the month)

Stamping Sensations: Moodboard or ATG (3/3; ends at the end of the month)

Allsorts challenge blog: Masculine (2/3; ends 6/22/24)


Crafty Catz (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com): ATG with option of Make it Masculine (2/5; ends 6/27/24)

Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG (2/3; ends 6/29/24)

As You Like It Challenge: With or Without Words and Why: I prefer to add a sentiment to my cards (whether on the inside or the card front) because I like to personalize the card that way and give a message to fit the occasion. (2/3; ends 6/26/24)

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Bright and Cheerful (2/5; ends 6/19/24)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/5 for the week; 7/10 for the challenge; ends 6/19/24)

Cardz 4 Guyz: Father's Day (2/3; ends 6/24/24)


A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG (ends at the end of the month)

Double Trouble Paper Crafting (doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com): Thing 1: Masculine project (ends 6/16/24) (2/4; ends 6/16/24)

Inspiration Station (inspirationstationchallenge.blogspot.com): The photo shows a celebration, and my card is celebrating 2 dads: my FIL and my son (3/8; ends at the end of the  month 


613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG or option of For The Guys (ends at the end of the month)

Triple B (dd-tripleb.blogspot.com): Birds, blooms, and/or butterflies (2/3; ends at the end of the month)

31 comments:

  1. Another very creative card, and again love that fencing die. Nice coloring of the birds. Thanks once again for sharing your handsome but beautiful cards with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne, thanks for all your kind comments!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for all your encouraging comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous - love the colors on the birds. I have this set and it’s a great one! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alyson! I think I'm going to get a lot of use out of this set!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful vibrant Birds and I am sure your Father loved his very special card, many thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts, Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully coloured birds and they really pop against the blue background. Thank you so much for taking part at Allsorts and We Love Stamping challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully colored, great sentiment inside too! Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for sharing your early bird Father's Day card creation with us at C4Guyz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beuatiful birds, great card. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully created birdie card!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
    Diane TB Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Triple B}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that sentiment...perfect for a birdie card!! Thanks for play along with our "Father's Day" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz...I am sure your card made some dad smile!!
    Deb Horst, DT #C4G349

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure your father loved this Father's Day card, the birds are so bright and cheerful and the fence looks fab too. Thanks for joining in at Cardz4Guyz. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, thank you so much! I love this set!

      Delete
  12. Sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our 613 AVENUE CREATE challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet card and lovely colouring of the birds too

    Thanks so much for joining us on the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday challenge at Digi Choosday !

    Love and crafty hugs from

    Wendy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, thank you very much! The coordinating stencils make it easy to color the birds. I love when stamps have coordinating stencils!

      Delete
  14. An absolutely gorgeous card with words. Thank you for sharing at AYLI. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just beautiful Thanks for sharing over at 613 Avenue Create this month, hope to see you in future challenges.
    Elaine DT

    KraftiKards (my blog)
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Peace on Earth Christmas DT
    Simply Clean and Simple DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card, love those birdies. Thank you for sharing at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge. Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete