Saturday, June 8, 2024

Casual Bouquets No-Line Ink Blending

 I was recently challenged in the Altenew Fan Group on FaceBook to create a project using no-line ink blending. I wasn't even sure what that was, but when I googled it, a YouTube video tutorial showed up that uses Altenew's Craft-Your-Life: Casual Bouquets set and no-line ink-blending. It turns out you just take the coordinating stencils and create the images without using the stamps. I love how this turned out! It wasn't as hard as I feared it would be. 

I did the no-line ink blending on two of the florals from the set and then embossed them using the coordinating 3D embossing folder. Then I decided to use the florals to create a mini slimline card since I hadn't done one of those in awhile. I created a mini slimline card base out of pink card stock and then stamped the grid pattern from the back of Altenew's sticky mat onto some yellow card stock using pink ink. I adhered the yellow panel to the pink card base and then added the embossed flowers with foam tape after stamping the "Praying for you" sentiment (from the same Casual Bouquets set) onto the yellow panel. I added 3 clear embellishments to finish off the card. I think these spring colors are cheerful and will hopefully lift the spirits of my recipient. 




Close up of the flowers:



The first no-line ink blending was done on a large white panel:


The second one was done after I die cut the shape first (I preferred this method because I felt like it was easier to line the stencils up). I apologize for the shadows on the photos! My photography skills are a bit lacking!


The Altenew sticky mat works great to hold paper and stencils in place! 









Challenges I'm entering: 

Allsorts challenge blog: Flowers Galore (2/3; ends 6/14/24)

New tab (timeoutchallenges.blogspot.com): My card features flowers as the theme. Hopefully you want to see them 😁 (3/5; ends 6/19/24) C5


Crafty Catz (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com): ATG with option of use a stencil (2/5; ends 6/13/24)


Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/5 for the week; 2/10 for the challenge; ends 6/19/24)

No more challenges. 

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Carrie, the flowers are fabulous. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week using the Flowers Galore option.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done Carrie, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week and following the floral option.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is stunning work, so pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful I love how you have completed the 'no line' colouring I have seen this done before but never tried it myself I think you have done a brilliant job thank you for joining us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lolo! You'll have to give it a try sometime!

      Delete
  6. That looks amazing, such a soft finish. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card, Carrie!! Love the blending so much. Thank you for playing with us at Time Out. Hugsxx Deepti

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the background with the gorgeous stenciled florals. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete