Monday, June 10, 2024

Live For the Moments Card

My oldest son and his wife are expecting a new baby this October, so my little 23-month-old grandson is going to be a big brother! We are thrilled beyond words!

I wanted to make a special card to celebrate the good news, so I pulled out my Altenew Craft-A-Flower: Stargazer Lily dies and die cut some paper I had used watercolors, ink smooshing, and sprays on. I die cut all the parts to create the 2 lilies in the set along with several leaves from the same set, and then I assembled the flowers and set them aside. 

I used the Tim Holtz Burlap stencil and some purple glitter paste to give the background panel some texture. Then I stamped the sentiment: Live for the moments you can't put into words (from Altenew's Craft-Your-Life: Bewitching Rose set) and adhered the leaves and lilies with liquid glue and some foam tape. I attached the panel to a green A2 card base. 

For the inside of the card, I used Hero Arts' Stamp & Cut: Congrats Happy set to die cut the "congrats" out of fun foam and stamp the "on your new baby." 



Close up of the flowers:


Inside the card:


Challenges I'm entering: 

New tab (timeoutchallenges.blogspot.com): My card features flowers as the theme, going along with the theme of the quote. (5/5; ends 6/19/24) C5


Crafty Catz (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com): ATG with option of use a stencil (4/5; ends 6/13/24)

Crazy is our fame - STENCILS are our game! (stencilfun.blogspot.com): ATG with stencils (3/3; ends at the end of the month)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (4/5 for the week; 4/10 for the challenge; ends 6/19/24)

 The Diva's that cut ....paper! (die-cut-divas.blogspot.com): Favorite die cut shape: I love flower die cuts best! Especially Altenew's flowers! (2/4; ends at the end of the month)

No more challenges. 

9 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful card, love how you inked up the Lilies! Thanks for linking up to our June challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful floral card Carrie! So pretty! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Time Out Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, the card is amazing. I love the colors and that cool die-cut behind the beautiful flowers. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas this month. Arlene with Die Cut Divas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Arlene! I used glitter paste through a stencil behind the flowers.

      Delete