Saturday, June 8, 2024

Magnolia & Blooms Hinge Card

This card took me a few attempts as I hadn't made a hinge card using partial die cutting before. I saw a similar card on the Altenew website using a different Craft-Your-Life set and decided I wanted to try recreating the hinge on the side using one of the sets I already own. I looked through my Craft-Your-Life sets and decided Magnolia & Blooms would work well for this style of card. The first time I tried to die cut the "hinge" part of the card, I struggled with how best to line up the die to cut the hinge without cutting through the side of the card. After a couple test cuts, I decided this placement left enough of the card intact for the hinge but still die cut most of the image. 

After creating the base with the hinge, I then die cut a second piece using the same Magnoia & Blooms die and used the Altenew sticky mat to hold the die cut in place while I stenciled it using the coordinating stencils that come in the set. I then adhered the die cut over the hinge of the base card.

For the inside of the card, I stamped the Magnolia & Blooms stamp on purple card stock using purple ink for a tone-on-tone look after trimming the piece to fit inside the card. Then I stamped the "thanks" in the center and added some white and purple pearls to the flower centers and the bottom left of the card. 


A look at the hinge:



Close ups:





 Challenges I'm entering: 

Allsorts challenge blog: Flowers Galore (1/3; ends 6/14/24)

New tab (timeoutchallenges.blogspot.com): My card features flowers as the theme. Hopefully you want to see them 😁 (2/5; ends 6/19/24) C5


Crafty Catz (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com): ATG with option of use a stencil (1/5; ends 6/13/24)


No more challenges. 

14 comments:

  1. Great job on the hinged card! Turned out fabulous, and is perfect for the Flowers Galore Theme over at Allsorts! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful hinged card full of flowers. Wonderful card for the Allsorts theme. Thanks for playing along. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pretty layered, floral card design. Thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the hinged design and the way you've used the stamp, coloured and un-coloured. Beautifully coloured in lovely vibrant shades. Thank you for sharing at Crafty Catz
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card I love the look of the 'hinge' fold never seen it before but it is certainly effective especially when used with those wonderful florals, thank you for joining us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lolo! I think I'll try the hinge with some other dies, too!

      Delete
  6. What a clever design Carrie!! I love the way the pretty coloured flowers overlay the uncoloured ones. Super special!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Time Out Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete