Saturday, June 29, 2024

Rhododendron Hugs Card

I recently purchased Altenew's Craft-A-Flower: Rhododendron die set, and last night I was able to find some time to play with the set and make a card for the monthly inspiration challenge over on Altenew's blog. I chose purples and pinks for the flowers and an orange background to follow the colors in the challenge.

I die cut the flowers and leaves out of water color card stocks that I had ink smooshed, ink blended and/or sprayed. I really love to create my own card stock like this! It's fun to play with all my inks and sprays, and then I have pretty card stocks to die cut from or use as backgrounds. 

The background for this card was water colored with orange inks and then stenciled using stencil paste to create the brick wall background. I added my leaves with Art Glitter glue and my flowers with foam tape for dimension. For the die cut sentiment, I die cut the word out of purple foam and then out of the same purple water color card stock I had used for the darkest layer of the purple Rhododendron and adhered them together and then added them to the card. I like to die cut fun foam for sentiments like this because I don't have any foam adhesive thin enough to pop up the sentiment with. 






 Challenges I'm entering: 

Easy Thank You Card for June 2024 Inspiration Challenge (altenew.com): (ends at the end of the month)



Gem of A Craft Challenge (pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.com): ATG (1/2; ends 7/12/24)

Allsorts challenge blog: Way to Grow or ATG (1/3; ends 7/5/24)

Polkadoodles Cardmaking, Craft & Scrapbooking Challenge: ATG (1/2; ends 7/12/24)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: ATG 

little red wagon (lilredwagon.blogspot.com):Layer it Up! (ends 7/2/24)

Digi Choosday Cardmaking & Crafting Challenge: ATG (ends 7/2/24)

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: ATG (2/6; ends 7/12/24)




8 comments:

  1. Lovely card Carrie, the stencilled wall makes a great background. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week using the Way to Grow option.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brick wall makes a lovely contrast against the layered blooms, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with our "Layers" theme @ Little Red Wagon this week. Beautiful flowers. Thanks for joining us and good look in the TOP 3 draw.

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, gorgeous 3-D design! Thanks for playing along at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge, we hope to see you next month.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete