Sunday, June 30, 2024

Bellflower Alcohol Ink Card

For my last entry to the Altenew monthly inspiration challenge, I decided to use some alcohol ink backgrounds I had created in purples, pinks, and greens to die cut the flowers and foliage from Altenew's Craft-A-Flower: Bellflower set. After die cutting all the pieces and layering them together to create the pretty flowers, I then created a panel to put them on. I used a piece of 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 white card stock to start with and embossed it with Altenew's Organic Linen embossing folder. Then I ink blended the colors from Altenew's Warm & Cozy ink set onto the panel with the darkest shades toward the edges of the panel. 

I then arranged the flowers how I wanted them on the card front and adhered the flowers and leaves with foam tape for dimension. I adhered the stem with liquid glue. Then I was brave and took out my gold paint and did some splatters. I love the look of splatters but am sometimes hesitant to add splatters to my cards for fear of ruining them after working so hard on all the details! Anyone else feel that way? 

For the inside of the card, I used Altenew's Bold Thanks die. I die cut the shadow die out of the same green alcohol ink panel I used for the stem and leaves. Then I die cut the individual letters out of gold card stock and adhered them to the shadow layer and then adhered everything to the inside of the card. 



Close up of the flowers:




Inside the card:


Challenges I'm entering:

Easy Thank You Card for June 2024 Inspiration Challenge (altenew.com) 




 Gem of A Craft Challenge (pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.com): ATG (2/2; ends 7/12/24)

Allsorts challenge blog: Way to Grow or ATG (2/3; ends 7/5/24)

Polkadoodles Cardmaking, Craft & Scrapbooking Challenge: ATG (2/2; ends 7/12/24)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: ATG 

little red wagon (lilredwagon.blogspot.com):Layer it Up! (ends 7/2/24)

Digi Choosday Cardmaking & Crafting Challenge: ATG (ends 7/2/24)

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: ATG (3/6; ends 7/12/24)


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful vibrants blooms Carrie, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts and following the Way to Grow option.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty bell flowers and wonderful details on the card! Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers. Thanks for joining us @Little Red Wagon and good luck in the Top 3 draw.

    Imke ~ My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love the flowers and the splatter. Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

    ReplyDelete