Saturday, June 15, 2024

Fishing You A Happy Father's Day Card

My son and father-in-law are avid fishermen, so I wanted to create Father's Day cards with a fishing theme for them. I chose this Accordion Double Gatefold card design and some fishing-themed pattern papers and got busy crafting these cards. I created a cut file in my Silhouette Design Studio software and cut out the card base and layers using my Silhouette Cameo 4. For all the measurements and instructions, see this video that I used to create my cut file: Fun Fold Friday: Accordion Double Gate Fold Fun Fold Card (youtube.com). I also created a print and cut of the "Fishing you a very happy Father's Day" sentiment using my Silhouette Design Studio software. 

After cutting the card bases and layers, I assembled the cards and then die cut the pieces for the wooden rowboats on the front of the cards using Altenew's Wooden Rowboat Die Set. For the first card, I also embossed a blue panel I had used ink smooshing and sprays on using Altenew's From Land to Sea 3D embossing folder. 

The first rowboat was die cut from pattern papers and colored card stocks, so I just adhered the pieces and then attached the boat to the front of the card with foam tape to give it some dimension. For the second rowboat, I die cut all the pieces from white cardstock and then colored them using my Ohuhu alcohol ink markers. 



Closed:


Partially open:


Fully open:


Closed:


Partially open:


Fully open:


Close up of the sentiment:


View from the top:



Close up of the embossed panel:



Challenges I'm entering: 

Tic Tac Toe Challenge - Inspiring creativity 8-ways each week : Layers, die cut, patterned paper (1/3; ends 6/20/24)


Allsorts challenge blog: Masculine (1/3; ends 6/22/24)


Crafty Catz (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com): ATG with option of Make it Masculine (1/5; ends 6/27/24)

Creative Creases Challenge Archives - Secrets to Stamping (secretstamper.com): ATG with a fun fold (unlimited entries; ends 6/21/24)

Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG (1/3; ends 6/29/24)

As You Like It Challenge: With or Without Words and Why: I prefer to add a sentiment to my cards (whether on the inside or the card front) because I like to personalize the card that way and give a message to fit the occasion. (1/3; ends 6/26/24) Top 3 Pick 6/27/24

Crafty Gals Corner (craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.com): ATG with twist of a fun fold (1/3; ends 7/7/24)

Double D Challenges (daranddiane.blogspot.com): Something old, new, borrowed or blue (pick 3) I used old fishing-themed papers from my stash along with a roll of brand new foam tape (to pop up the boat die), and added a water color panel I had colored blue with inks and sprays for behind the boat on the first card (I hope light blue/aqua works for the challenge). (2/3; ends 6/16/24)

The Paper Shelter: A Time to Celebrate (1/2; ends 6/19/24)

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Bright and Cheerful (1/5; ends 6/19/24)

The Paper Funday Challenges: Fancy Folds (3/4; ends at the end of the month)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (1/5 for the week; 6/10 for the challenge; ends 6/19/24)

Cardz 4 Guyz: Father's Day (1/3; ends 6/24/24)


A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG (ends at the end of the month)


Inspiration Station (inspirationstationchallenge.blogspot.com): The photo shows a celebration, and my card is celebrating 2 dads: my FIL and my son (2/8; ends at the end of the  month 


613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG or option of For The Guys (ends at the end of the month)

JUNE 2024 MOOD BOARD CARD CHALLENGE (not2shabbyshop.com): The sea theme on the moodboard goes with my fishing/boating card theme (1/4; ends at the end of the month) 


36 comments:

  1. Wow Carrie! Those cards are the epitome of masculine! Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sounds like perfect cards for the two recipients Carrie, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge and following the masculine option.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards, I love the papers you've chosen and how you've played with them to create the different layers of the card. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are very creative and will brings smiles to a fisherman's face I am sure. So glad that you shared this with us at Double D Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards, Carrie. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week using the Masculine option.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are sure to delight the fishermen in your life! Fabulous fold and design, the rowing boats look great and a perfect choice of papers. Thank you for joining in at Crafty Catz.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these fun folds are excellent for your boat cards, and love how you used the patterned papers on the one boat and the other one colored... one as creative as the other. Very handsome Father Day cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and nice combination of challenges you were able to hook up with... great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Suzanne! These were fun to make!

      Delete
  8. These are perfect for fishing gentlemen - nicely done! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What creative and wonderful cards! Love the fold and the fishing theme, thanks for playing along with us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Carrie, these fun fold cards are perfect for Father's Day! I haven't seen this fold before and hope to try it soon. Gatefolds are so versatile! Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We always appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Debbie! You should definitely give this one a try!

      Delete
  11. Thanks so much, Nicola! I love fun folds, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun... masculine fun fold cards!! These are awesome!! Thanks for play along with our "Father's Day" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz...I am sure your card made some dad smile!!
    Deb Horst, DT #C4G349

    ReplyDelete
  13. pure fun! I love that punny sentiment! Thanks for visiting at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this unique fun fold! Thanks for playing along with the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing cards!!! Thanks so much for participating in our 613 AVENUE CREATE challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super guy cards. Loving the use of the Gate Fold, Carrie. Bet they loved them. Thanks for joining us this round at C4G. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card. I love that fold. I may need to try this one. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn, thank you very much! I hope you'll give it a go sometime!

      Delete
  18. Such a fun Father’s Day card Carrie and lovely fancy fold

    Thanks so much for joining us on the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday challenge at Digi Choosday !

    Love and crafty hugs from

    Wendy (DT)

    ReplyDelete