Friday, June 21, 2024

Forked Pillar Card for Creative Creases #85

It's time for another fun challenge over at the Creative Creases Challenge blog where it's always anything goes with a fun fold project! I hope you can join in by sharing your fun fold creations here: Anything Goes with a Fun Fold for Creative Creases #85 (secretstamper.com)

The idea for this card came from this video: 5x7 Forked Pillar Card (youtube.com). If you like unique fun fold cards, Iced Images is a great YouTube channel to subscribe to. I've gotten loads of great card designs from watching Louise's videos.

Using the measurements and instructions from the video linked above, I made the card base and several of the layers. I used some gold glitter card stock for the smaller side panels and colored some white card stock with my Ohuhu alcohol ink markers to match the deep purple in the bottom flower of the floral focal point as the base layer underneath the gold glitter card stock. I decided that instead of using pattern paper for the larger front panels, I would stamp, stencil, and die cut Altenew's Craft-Your-Life: Always Sunshine floral focal point and then cut it up to put it on the front panels. I stamped the image with VersaMark ink and then embossed it using Altenew's Rose Gold embossing powder. Then I used the coordinating stencils to color the image following the colors in Altenew's monthly challenge. After die cutting it, I cut it into one-inch segments to fit on the front panels. The top segment was a little too tall, but rather than trim the very top off, I left it as is because I like how it goes off the card base a little. 

I stamped "consider this card a big hug" from the same Always Sunshine set and then added some gold sequins and orange and green gems to embellish the front. 

For the back panels, I made the layers using the measurements in the video and then embossed the white layers with the coordinating 3D embossing folder that comes in the Always Sunshine kit. I colored the embossed areas using the coordinating stencil and 2 shades of green. I wanted this to be a get well card for my uncle who is in the hospital right now, so I used the "feel better soon" sentiment from Altenew's Build-A-Garden: Grand Carnations set using VersaMark ink and Altenew's Rose Gold embossing powder again. Then I die cut the sentiment with the coordinating die from the Grand Carnations set. I just love it when there's a coordinating die for sentiments! I then used the Crafted with Love stamp set Altenew sent me for free this April to add a bit of personalization. To finish the card, I added a few diamond and orange gemstone butterflies. 


Side views:


Top views: 






Back of the card:


The card folds flat for mailing:





Challenges I'm entering: 

Easy Thank You Card for June 2024 Inspiration Challenge (altenew.com): (ends at the end of the month)



613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG or option of For The Guys (ends at the end of the month)

Triple B (dd-tripleb.blogspot.com): Birds, blooms, and/or butterflies (2/3; ends at the end of the month)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (1/5 for the week; 1/10 for the challenge; ends 7/2/24)


A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG (ends at the end of the month)

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge: ATG with flowers as the focus (1/6; ends 7/12/24)

simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: Emboss it (my card features heat embossing with Rose Gold embossing powder and dry embossing with Altenew's 3D Always Sunshine embossing folder. (1/5; ends 6/26/24)

Crafty Gals Corner (craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.com): Fun folds (2/3; ends at the end of the month)










21 comments:

  1. What a wonderful fun fold for a get-well card, Carrie! I'm sure your uncle will love and appreciate it. I am always grateful that you play along with the DT at Creative Creases. Hope your weekend is perfect in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun fun FUN FOLD!! I just love this and will have to give it a shot! It's going to bring a smile to your uncle's face for sure! Thanks for playing along with us again at Creative Creases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary! (I think it’s Mary anyway 😄). Hope you give it a try!

      Delete
  3. A "Forked Pillar" card... how unique. Love what you've done with this Carrie. You're such a wonderful addition to our design team.
    Thank you for your sweet inspiration at Creative Creases Challenges where "Anything Goes with a Fun Fold"
    Rae in Reno
    WildWestPaperArts.com
    Creative Creases DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool fancy fold Carrie, it's gone on my "to try" list! Thanks for inspiring us with your awesome card at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenges
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! I hope you will give it a try!

      Delete
  5. Fabulously designed fold with the florals!
    We always love to see your flowers at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
    Thank you for sharing with us!
    xoxo, Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW what a fun & fabulous fold and lovin' all the florals! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Darlene! This was a fun one to make!

      Delete
  7. Love this ingenious fold, it gives such a unique and stunning effect!
    Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Love this and so want to make one myself!
    We are always super happy to see every entry in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
    Please do come back again!
    The very best of luck with your entry.
    Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, thank you so much! I hope you'll give this fun fold a try! It's easy but so unique!

      Delete
  9. Lovely card, especially the paper fold. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner this month. Hope to see your lovely art work back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card! I had not seen this cut and fold before today! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chana! It was a new design to me, too!

      Delete