Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Grapeful For You Charcuterie Board Card

My oldest daughter is a manager at a cheese shop, so when I saw these adorable charcuterie board-themed stamps and dies from HoneyBee Stamps, I had to order them! She came over earlier this week, and I stamped and die cut a bunch of the pieces and sentiments using my MISTI platform and a sticky mat so I could stamp the die cuts multiple times (I stamped them using the MISTI and then die cut the stamped images and used the frames that were left to place into the MISTI so I could just put multiple batches of die cuts into the frames they fit in and stamp them over and over). 

I wanted to use several of the sentiments from the coordinating stamp and die set, so I decided to make an accordion card out of the charcuterie board die. I love this die because it adds a woodgrain texture to the board shapes it die cuts. I made 2 hinged cards out of white card stock (just placing the folded cardstock on the die but avoiding the far edge so that 2 boards are cut and stay connected each time). Then I glued them together to create an accordion fold card and adhered the woodgrain boards to the white card stock. 

I colored the stamped images using my new Ohuhu Honolulu series alcohol markers. I have some Copic and Chameleon markers I've collected over the years, but several of them are running out of ink, and I don't have many colors. The Ohuhu 104-piece marker set was a bit of a splurge, but I love having so many color choices now! And they color so well! 

This card was made for a special friend who is also my walking buddy most mornings. She recently came over to examine my knee when I fell on the ice and twisted it. She is a PT, so it was right up her alley to come tape up my sprained ligament and let me know how long it will take to heal. 

Here's the front of the card when all the panels are folded together:


Here's the second panel: 


Here's the final panel:


Top view of the card:


Side view while unfolded: 


Challenges I'm entering:

Anything Goes with a Fun Fold for Creative Creases #54 (secretstamper.com): ATG with a fun fold

Digi Choosday Cardmaking & Crafting Challenge: ATG (1/2) Top 3 Winner 4/25/23

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (3/5 for this week) ends 4/12/23

The Paper Shelter: Something Funny (ends 4/12/23)

The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG with optional twist of Flower Power -- I have a salami rose in my project on the last panel😁(3/6; ends at the end of the month)

****Pammie's Inky Pinkies**** **********Challenges********** (pammiesinkypinkieschallenges.blogspot.com): ATG (1/3; ends 4/17/23) 10 C

Crafty Catz (craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com): ATG with option to add something blue (ends 4/12/23)

Stamping Sensations (sirstampalotchallenge.blogspot.com): ATG with option of CAS (1/3; ends at the end of the month)

We Love Stamping: ATG with option of birds (1/3; ends at the end of the month)

Let's Craft and Create (letscreatechallenges.blogspot.com): ATG with option of pink and gray (1/3; ends at the end of the month)

No more challenges

15 comments:

  1. Love your card. What a clever idea to make a tri-fold card. Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Craft and Create. Deanna DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous to work in a cheese shop, I would be nibbling all day. So a perfect creation for your daughter, many thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping April challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brenda! My daughter loves working at the cheese shop and often shares new cheeses with us! It’s great!

      Delete
  3. This is so pretty made. Thank you for joining at stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Thanks forjoining at The Paper Shelter #548 Something Funny
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  5. An awesome creation here, great theme for your daughter.
    Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Crafting.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card. So creative. thanks for sharing over at Crafty Catz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card for your daughter, Carrie! I love all of the elements on your charcuterie card and I know she did, too! Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete