Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Day Hemmed in Prayer Gatefold Card

I recently led a free card-making class for a local Moms of Preschoolers group and had a fun time creating all the elements for 15 people to make 5 cards. This "hemmed in prayer" gatefold card was one of them. The stamp was a gift from Holley Barnhart of Holley's Blog (holleybarnhartsblog.blogspot.com). She does blog candy every February, and I won several great stamps, dies, and stencils. Thanks, Holley!

To make the card, I used a Pinkfresh Studio coverplate die called "Stitches." I die cut it out of a light yellow card stock that matched the design paper I used for the card base. I was able to cut it along the center to add to the 2 sides of my gatefold card. Then I stamped the "A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel" sentiment from Our Daily Bread Designs and die cut it using a Gina Marie stitched rectangle die. I added a button with some twine tied to it and a die cut needle and thread (sorry I don't know what company made those--they have been in my stash for years!). For the inside of the card, I did some more stamping using a retired Close to My Heart stamp set (the needle and cross stitch heart) and what I think is a Just Rite stamp (Jeremiah 33:3). That's also been in my stash for quite some time, so I'm not sure. I've bought a lot of Christian stamps over the years!









 Challenges I'm entering: 

Challenges I'm entering:



Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG (2/3; ends 5/5/23)


Allsorts challenge blog: ATG with option of animals (2/3; ends 4/28/23)


613 Avenue Create (avenue613.blogspot.com): ATG with option of using a stencil (ends 4/30/23)



https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/: ATG (2/5; ends 5/3/23)

The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG with optional twist of flower power (4/6; ends 4/30/23)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (2/5 for the week; ends 5/10/23)



Let's Craft and Create (letscreatechallenges.blogspot.com): ATG with option of pink and gray (3/3; ends 4/30/23)



A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG with option of Woman of the Year (ends 4/30/23)










 

20 comments:

  1. That cards is super awesome. I just love what you created. I have it scheduled as a guest designer card on my blog as well. Great work. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Holley! And thanks again for the blog candy!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful cards and verses, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun Mommy's Cardmaking Day and the card is lovely. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge and sharing your lovely project.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Carrie. The understated cover, with it's beautiful greeting is perfect for the beauty found inside. Thank you so much for entering your creation in the Creative Creases Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Carrie! I really love the fold for this sweet sentiment. Wonderful card for new stampers! Hopefully you will continue the class! Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. Beautiful sentiment. Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT https://avenue613.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card and sentiment! I love the needle and thread that you added to go with your sentiment. Thank you for sharing and playing along with Polkadoodles ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative and beautiful. Thanks for joining the challenge at Polkadoodles challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great idea! Well done!
    Very happy to see this in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
    Please come back again!
    The best of luck with your entry.
    Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete