Thursday, May 4, 2023

Psalm 3:3 Standing Pop Up Card

This week's card for the shut ins I send happy mail to is a standing pop up card (also called a step panel card). I got the idea to use this card design from the Butterfly Challenge (see the link below), but I used the measurements from Connie Stewart's blog and created a cut file in my Silhouette Design Studio software to cut out the elements for the card base and design paper layers. Here's a link to Connie's tutorial: Step Panel Card: The Easy Method To Making This Fun Fold Card (simplysimplestamping.com)

After creating the cut file and choosing which papers I wanted to use, I cut out all the pieces and adhered them to create the card base. Then I used 3 butterfly dies from SU!'s Butterfly Brilliance bundle (how's that for alliteration?😁) and die cut the butterflies on the front of the card. The top butterfly is die cut from pink paper and then I traced parts of the die cut with a silver leaf marker so it would stand out better since the card base is pink, also. The blue and yellow butterflies were die cut out of white card stock and then colored using my Ohuhu alcohol markers. I adhered the butterflies to the card front and added some pearls for decoration. 

For the back of the card, I stamped Psalm 3:3: "But you, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head." Isn't that such an encouraging reminder? I die cut the stamped verse using a Gina Marie Designs die and then added a print and cut bouquet of lilies to match the design paper I used on the front of the card. I attached the bouquet using foam tape to give it some dimension. 

Front view: 



Back view:


Side view: 


Challenges I'm entering: 

Butterfly Challenge (butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.com): I followed the theme (stripes), used the standing pop up card design, included butterflies, and used sea green and straw yellow (I think my pink is a little too dark for the salmon color and the same with my blue being darker than sky blue) (1/3; ends 5/9/23) Top Pick 5/10/23


Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG (3/3; ends 5/4/23)


Allsorts challenge blog: ATG (1/3; ends 5/5/23)



As You Like It Challenge: Favorite: Spring or Summer. Wow! Tough choice! I love both seasons, but I think I like summer best because I don't have as many commitments in the summer time and can enjoy gardening, traveling, and picking sweet cherries (my favorite fruit!) (1/3; ends 5/18/23)

The Paper Funday Challenges: ATG with option of embossing (1/6; ends at the end of the month)

Word Art Wednesday: ATG (1/5 for the week; 2/10 for the challenge; ends 5/10/23)



A Place To Start (hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com): ATG with option of add another thing--I added 3 butterflies (unlimited entries; ends at the end of the month)


The Diva's that cut ....paper! (die-cut-divas.blogspot.com): Tic Tac Toe (bling, butterflies, and patterned paper--bottom row) (1/4; ends at the end of the  month)

Incy Wincy Designs Challenge -1st to the 25th every month: Fun folds and/or summer fun (1/5; ends at the end of the month)

MAY MOOD BOARD CARD CHALLENGE (not2shabbyshop.com): There are lilies in the floral pattern on the mood board, and my card features lilies (1/3; ends at the end of the month)

Scribble Challenge (rabiscochallenge.blogspot.com): ATG (1/5; ends at the end of the month)




 

25 comments:

  1. Carrie, Creative Creases Challenge thanks you for entering your wonderful alliteration. How was that for an alliteration...lol! Have a blessed day.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the alliteration, Karen! Thanks for your encouraging words!

      Delete
  2. I must try this fold, it's so nice and makes a perfect display. Thanks for inspiring us at the Paper Funday Challenge and we hope to see more from you soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pop-up step card, Carrie! Love the patterns you combined and your colorful butterflies!! So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! I always enjoy a fun fold card. Thank you for joining us at A Place to Start.

    Sara Lihz

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful pop-up card, Carrie! It's one of my favorite folds and the papers you used are so pretty! Glad to see you using those wonderful butterflies! Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon.
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie! I have a feeling those butterflies are going to get a lot of use!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful ...great design and folds .
    Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Craft Challenge
    Good Luck
    Rose DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. How striking with the brilliantly coloured butterflies. Love the boldness of this card. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me this time. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the lovely inspiration and fun fold card designs! I’m so glad I found your card challenge!

      Delete
  8. What a unique card shape - WOW. Lovely card. So glad you joined Die Cut Divas this May for our Tic Tac Toe game.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! I love the shape of it. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun pop-up card! Great use of patterned papers. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card with great folding and sentiment. Gorgeous pink base. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge #111.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully put together and a really clever fold.

    Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete